Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Boost Creep
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I purchased the MVP upper radiator pipe and carbon fiber panel..

Is anyones upper pipe leaking? I started the car and didn't notice any leaks but im not too confident that it wont leak... anyone running tbolt clamps or the hose clamps? I assume you bled your radiator system for leaks when you were done? :fruit:

Also.. I noticed on my car the carbon fiber panel does not fit.. i cant get it to sit flush.. I will attach a pic of my bay to see if i have something in there that I shouldn't.

Thanks in advance. :rockon:

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
I have both. My greddy radiator pipe has leaked before as well. The couplers they give you seem to be slightly the wrong size. I have been told the trick is to take your stock radiator hose and cut it to make two rubber couplers out of it. That should prevent it from leaking. For now I just tightened my worm clamps and it seems to be ok. But I need to check on it again.

·
Boost Junkie
12,401 Posts
If you are talking about the Greddy upper hard pipe I had to cut mine slightly, maybe 2 mm on the water neck side. I also tried t-bolt clamps and they worked for a while, but the problem with them is when you tighten them down well they have a flat spot that lets water through. I had much better luck with the worm clamps.

On the cf panel, there is a stud that you may have to remove above where the hood prop. snaps in. It is on approx 25% of Supras.

Steve K.

·
Boost Creep
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^ Thanks guys for the reply, I have provided a pic, the left side of the CF panel fits OK, its the other half (right side) that doesn't seem to sit flush.

(I tightened down the worm clamps, its not leaking with the car on, I'm just wondering underboost or high rpms if thats going to come flying off!)

can you take a look at these pics to see if anything shouldnt be here? I noticed a screw on the right upper side that doesn't seem like it should belong.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Honestly, you should be fine with the hardware that's supplied. I might be wrong, but you will have a hard time finding tbolts that are that size. I run the normal worm clamps on mine and have not had any problems under boost.

Take a picture of the CF panel placed on the car.

·
Boost Creep
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
^Thanks for the pics, I dont appear to have anything that I shouldn't..

Could I of possibly got a bad one from MVP?

I will try with the supplied hardware on the pipe, hopefully it doesn't leak.

·
Boost Junkie
12,401 Posts
Buddy,

You need to remove the stud that is directly above your hood latch cable. It is attached to the radiator support. It is clearly visible in your pictures. Cut it off and you'll be in there like swimwear.

Steve

·
Boost Creep
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Buddy,

You need to remove the stud that is directly above your hood latch cable. It is attached to the radiator support. It is clearly visible in your pictures. Cut it off and you'll be in there like swimwear.

Steve
I thought that was it!!!!!!!

What is that for anyways?

Thanks Steve!! Your the man!!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Buddy,

Steve
Ah I C, mine has a hole cut out for it. Sorry I missed that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts