1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
JDMSoopraDriftoMachine!!1
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

true-to-life NA/T race car

Nick (supraMOB) on the freeway going twards Texas motorplex

A couple MKIII's on the 1/4 mile

Nicks new paint. yum. White is a popular color here in TX, half of the cars here were white =)

holy COW Christians paint looks good in this pic. (HouseOfKolor)

What a perfect day for a supra meet! MVP/Powerhouses facility was *sparkling* clean and new. the second car from the left is the NA/T, nice gracer front, isn't it? *drool*

oooo....

lap-tops = hardcore

three cars that wern't running the day before the meet :D

Its been said in 3 threads already but NICE MEET and thanks to trent for putting it together, great weather, etc! Maybe now that this thread has some heavy pics we can keep all the HOTSO talk in here =)

·
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm expecting nick to upload the ones he took later today... they should be worth the wait no doubt. Those PHR guys, shesh, drive $100,000 cars, ride ATV's at work all day, get bored and throw something on the dyno =)

·
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know whos it was, but there was a guy with a dirty 90+, that the PHR guy was making fun of, that ended up dynoing 260+ on stock boost, only exhuast and 2j intake!!!! =)

·
DFWSupras
1,627 Posts
the second car from the left is the NA/T, nice gracer front, isn't it? *drool*
Yeah that 86.5 NA-T has the greddy front and got 1st place in the E.T. competition.
holy COW Christians paint looks good in this pic. (HouseOfKolor)
LOL yeah it looks really dark. In person the paint looked lighter because of the sun and the wheels looked darker tucked under the fender. Thanks for the pic man.
true-to-life NA/T race car
yup stand alone, t3/t4, gutted intereor, complete with sponsors and drag tires on Enkies all around. I hope with this post the guy (sorry can't remember your name) will start posting he stated he reads the forums but doesn't post. I beleive he had no idea there was a mk3 meet and just showed up @ the speedway for ultimate street night. how cool is that. all and all :bigok:

·
Registered
4 Posts
SupraGuy88T said:
Yeah that 86.5 NA-T has the greddy front and got 1st place in the E.T. competition.

yup stand alone, t3/t4, gutted intereor, complete with sponsors and drag tires on Enkies all around. I hope with this post the guy (sorry can't remember your name) will start posting he stated he reads the forums but doesn't post. I beleive he had no idea there was a mk3 meet and just showed up @ the speedway for ultimate street night. how cool is that. all and all :bigok:
Yes it is true I only read this board occasionally, but thanks for the nice comments on my car. Thanks to Trent, MVP, and Powerhouse for hosting the event.

I did know about the event, just went to Ennis rather that dive to MVP, it was eaisier.

My car, to clear a few things up, is not sponsered the decals are for autocross contigency money. Great programs but mostly discounts on parts is all you get.

It is a true 86.5 NA the first step was to pull a bunch of junkyard parts off a 7MGTE and bolt them up. I gained almost 100 whp by just bolting the stock CT26/intercooler/injector setup on. After that it has just been tuning out the bugs that came with that. There were lots of bugs and that is a story for another post.

For those of you that were wondering:
HKS Sport Turbo T04E
ARC intercooler
Autronic Stand alone ECU
3" exhust
Enkie RPO 1's 17x9 w/ 275/40/17 Hoosiers FRONT and rear
4.30 LSD rear
these are just the highlights

but the numbers are :
352.6 rwhp 362.3 tq
13.09 1/4 mile @ 113 mph with a very traction limited 2.1 60' time

Thanks again to all that said nice things and any and all questions are more than welcome.

Ron Von Dreau
86.5 NA/T
Corinth Texas

·
Unnaturally Aspirated
330 Posts
X-One said:
I don't know whos it was, but there was a guy with a dirty 90+, that the PHR guy was making fun of, that ended up dynoing 260+ on stock boost, only exhuast and 2j intake!!!! =)
I think that was Kruso's car, he didn't want to dyno @ first cuz his car was running like crap. He said he could barely do 120 on the way up here (a little faster than my Protege can do:rolleyes: ) . The first run on the rollers could only manage 5K rpm. He took out the plugs (burnt out Bosch plats), stuck some NGK's in there and got almost 30 hp more @ 6500:eek:

The supercharged IS300 was cool too: sounded like a helicopter on the dyno.

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,080 Posts
Wow, sounds like everyone had a blast. Sorry Trent that I couldn't make it, I'm down on $$$ at the moment. Looks like a great day for all. What about drag results?

T

·
0 Posts
Looks like fun! I only made it to the track:-( I got a few pictures on txsupras.com Really wish I would have been free on sat to see the dynos. Hopefully next year! Way to go Trent for putting this together and cant wait till next years!

·
The Great Kruso
3,876 Posts
Thanks Cloud for the congrats... the reason why I didnt want to put my car on the dyno was because the work in the engine bay wasnt finished yet. Alot of work was done to make sure all the bugs were tweeked out of the MKIV manifold mod but while doing that I didnt have any time to tidy everything up in the bay and put the dress kit on. One of the main reasons why the car even went to the meet was because no one else beisdes david took their supras to the meet from Houston for one reason or another. Come next meet time, there will be a surprize for everyone ;)

Kruso

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Dyno:
1st - Myself w/ 425rwhp
2nd - Ron w/ 360rwhp on HKS TO4E on GE motor
3rd - Frank w/ 340rwhp on SS Stg V

Drag: If they want to post their times, they can. I won't display them as some indicated they didnt' want them known.

1st - Ron w/ GE on HKS TO4E
2nd - Frank w/ SS Stg V
3rd - David w/ stock CT

·
Registered
293 Posts
I'm impressed Kruso I knew you and Harold put alot of work to fabricate the manifold and it shows. :) We gotta line them up soon.

Wow what did David w/the stock CT-26 run. 3rd place on a stocker :bigthumb: in my book.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts