Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is your TRD kit made to the same specs as the genuine TRD kit? Or close enough that is someone that has seen plenty of genuine TRD kits could walk up and not tell the difference. In the pics on the site the mesh in the fenders looks a lot thinner than in the genuine TRD kit and you can see right through it.

And when ordering the kit could I substitute parts out of the kit for others, like the front bumper, and the wing. I really want to do the RMM w/ CF center wing and probably the Do-Luck late model front bumper and have it modified to fit.

Thanks.

G

·
MVP's (I know for sure Mani's does) uses the same molds the Genuine TRD used......both are exceptional quality.....

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
MVP's kit uses the genuine TRD mold. It is made BY HAND like Do Luck, Veilside, and Top Secret in Japan. No one can tell the difference.

I had the fortune of having a genuine kit and my replica kit, installed, right next to each other. It was these 2 cars:
http://www.powerhouseracing.com/toyota_gallery2.shtml (Jon Antes)
http://www.powerhouseracing.com/toyota_gallery4.shtml (Steve Harvey)

No one could tell me which one was which. I don't sell knockoff crap because it is just that - crap. This is my one exception to the rule and I sell it because its the best. Because you can't tell the difference, because its less than half price and available quickly instead of "6-9 months".

Regards,

Dusty

·
Premium Member
7,803 Posts
Dusty did Jon get the real one or replica? I thought he got your replica............but I remember originally he was going to get the original so I don't know which he has.............

I guess that means whatever it is, its a great kit :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks a lot guys, the 4-6 grand I save will definitely go towards a nice set of deep lip H.R.E. wheels to finish the package. :bigthumb:

So what about substituting parts from the kit for the difference in price? Because I really like the RMM w/ CF wing, and I might do a different front bumper and have it widened.

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
We can sub in the wing no problem. Same on a hood. I can't sub a front bumper, then I'm stuck with an extra one. You would have to buy the bumper separately and then sell the TRD bumper. I have had multiple people ask me for just a front bumper so I would imagine you could sell it but that would be up to you.

Thanks,

Dusty

·
J-Spec 4 Life
938 Posts
Dusty this is off topic ,
the red supra with two exhaust did he gain anything performance wise from that or mostly cosmetic?

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
Its a true twin exhaust on a custom twin turbo 3037 setup. It was made that way from day one. In other words I don't have a before & after dyno of adding just the exhaust.

I have seen a lot of Supras, many of them very nice. This is probably the nicest build Supra I have ever seen.

Thanks,

Dusty

·
Premium Member
7,803 Posts
V8 Killer said:
Jon's is the replica, Steve's is the real thing. Like I said, you can't tell the difference. :)

Thanks,

Dusty

Werd, it really is a good replica.............I can post some of the high res pics i took of his car

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
Josh - If you have them handy please post them up. I'm sure people would like to see more pics of my kit and I certainly have nothing to hide. This is the best replica ever made for the Supra and I'm happy for everyone to see it!

Still working on spare time to answer you back in regards to our non-Supra related conversation. Haven't forgot about you!

Thanks,

Dusty

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
V8 Killer said:
We can sub in the wing no problem. Same on a hood. I can't sub a front bumper, then I'm stuck with an extra one. You would have to buy the bumper separately and then sell the TRD bumper. I have had multiple people ask me for just a front bumper so I would imagine you could sell it but that would be up to you.

Thanks,

Dusty
No need to sub the hood if it's built on the same mold as the TRD one, haha. :bigthumb:

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
7,803 Posts
V8 Killer said:
Josh - If you have them handy please post them up. I'm sure people would like to see more pics of my kit and I certainly have nothing to hide. This is the best replica ever made for the Supra and I'm happy for everyone to see it!

Still working on spare time to answer you back in regards to our non-Supra related conversation. Haven't forgot about you!

Thanks,

Dusty

Werd.............don't worry about it Dusty. I think it could be beneficial to both of us :D Just whenever u get some time lets talk! Here are some pics

I suppose I should have cropped them and then enlarged the area of the actual car..............oh well............if someone wants to see it closer up then I have the highres pics on my HD

G

·
I have a quick question. For the back fenders do you just cut out the stock metal fender, and fabricate the fiberglass in? Or just lay the widebody peice right on top and mold it in? Also how much does the kit usually cost to install with a full body paint job from white to silver?

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
Suprastakepatients said:
I've seen those pics before but the first pic of the back fender shows it already installed? I don't think that you would have to cut it out but i'm not sure. Can someone tell me?

You're right. I thought you could tell by looking at the pictures, I apologize.

Yes you cut out the old piece and put on the new. Otherwise you would have a stock fender underneath your new TRD wide fender and you'd be stuck running 10" wheels which would defeat the purpose of having a widebody.

Thanks,

Dusty

1 - 20 of 30 Posts