Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased an '05 M3 and had a lucky encounter today with a Supra Turbo BPU ++. I think that should put down close to 400 rwhp (I'm no expert, just basing off of what I've read) if I'm not mistaken. I spoke with the owner briefly afterwards about his mods. Very cool guy. Anyways, here it goes:

Traveling west on the freeway at 75 miles per hour, I approached a black Supra Turbo from behind and pulled up to the side so he knew I wanted to go. At 75 in third gear, I gunned it and he went at the same time. I am still breaking in the car, so I won't take it to redline (yet). I jumped half a car at first and then *bam* he shot ahead like a rocket. By the time we shut down at around 125 he was about 4 car lengths ahead. I was very impressed.

Moral of the story: my car is fast. Supra turbo's are faster (at least in a straight line!).:D

·
PHR Powered Super Member
1,603 Posts
Of coures they are! M3 are not all that but except expensive. Just know that you have an M3 thats fun to drive end of story!

·
Wheel Whore
2,340 Posts
bradb1us said:
I just purchased an '05 M3 and had a lucky encounter today with a Supra Turbo BPU ++. I think that should put down close to 400 rwhp (I'm no expert, just basing off of what I've read) if I'm not mistaken. I spoke with the owner briefly afterwards about his mods. Very cool guy. Anyways, here it goes:

Traveling west on the freeway at 75 miles per hour, I approached a black Supra Turbo from behind and pulled up to the side so he knew I wanted to go. At 75 in third gear, I gunned it and he went at the same time. I am still breaking in the car, so I won't take it to redline (yet). I jumped half a car at first and then *bam* he shot ahead like a rocket. By the time we shut down at around 125 he was about 4 car lengths ahead. I was very impressed.

Moral of the story: my car is fast. Supra turbo's are faster (at least in a straight line!).:D
pm me if you want to run another local black car ;)

G

·
phenome said:
Of coures they are! M3 are not all that but except expensive. Just know that you have an M3 thats fun to drive end of story!
That is one of the most idiotic statements I've ever heard.

·
900 BHP Club :)
4,934 Posts
Nice run! that's about how my run went against an m3 from 55 - 85. I knew it was a bimmer when he was coming up from behind because of the angel eyes. I was pretty happy when he passed me later and I saw the m3 front fender :)

·
PHR Powered Super Member
1,603 Posts
Russia1 said:
That is one of the most idiotic statements I've ever heard.
What? You must be very young not to understand about performance and luxury. May be one day you will.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Actually, the stock rims have not changed. My car has the "competition package" which pulls the wheels, brakes, steering, and suspension from the European M3 CSL ($200,000 dollar M3). It's a $4,000 dollar option here, which is a steal in my opinion. It's supposed to be the best handling M3 ever produced by BMW in the U.S. Here's a link to an overview:

M3 Competition Link

1 - 20 of 96 Posts