Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
1JZ BLING
Joined
·
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So heres some updates of my 1.33JZ build. Basically 1jz with US 2j turbos =]. Ive definately run into a few problems, from the oil lines, ypipe and Manifold, but i believe i have conquered 2 of the 3 problems so far. 66% done, woohoo.

Everything has been mocked up and look pretty good, the 2j water lines arent a perfect match for the 1j but i cna make them work pretty easily. As for the 2j oil lines, im gonna cut off the oil flange and weld some earls fittings so i can run braided lines (should make everything pretty simple). For the stock ypipe im not really sure how its going to work because i dont have a motor mount bracket on yet and it looks like its not going to fit. The 2j ypipe assembly is fucking huge. BTW, all that damn sequential BS on the turbos is a real pain in the ass.

Making the manifold fit, "the oil lines you can have, but that secret, she's uhh mine"




 

·
Supras are never 'done'
1989 Toyota Supra
Joined
·
601 Posts
You're running them as true twins then I take it? I was under the impression that the sequential setup was controlled by the ECU?
What is the pipe coming off the Y-pipe? EGR?
 

·
1JZ BLING
Joined
·
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the one thats capped??? or that huge mess of a million lines. Well i dont know what the thing is thats capped, but the huge million lines running over the whole turbo assembly run to the wastegates and all the sequential bs shit.
 

·
Supras are never 'done'
1989 Toyota Supra
Joined
·
601 Posts
On the exhaust Y-pipe. The stainless piece with the bendy section.
 

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
Joined
·
10,377 Posts
mobes said:
You're running them as true twins then I take it? I was under the impression that the sequential setup was controlled by the ECU?
What is the pipe coming off the Y-pipe? EGR?

sequential is ECU controlled.

1J wont be running any seq. mode
 

·
1JZ BLING
Joined
·
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
mobes said:
On the exhaust Y-pipe. The stainless piece with the bendy section.
Im sure it has something to do with the sequential setup, but im not exactly sure what.... its true the 1j cant run sequential, but the turbos themselves have a few butterfly valves like you'd find in the throttle body. These valves control the "sequential" i guess so i have to get rid of them to open up airflow to the back turbo. The back turbo has 2 valves that basically close the turbo off so it doesnt get any air until the right time.
 

·
1JZ BLING
Joined
·
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya, im hoping for 400+ at 20psi. Where i live, its important to keep the motor as stock looking as possible.
 

·
Check Your Face!!!
Joined
·
1,417 Posts
damn, now that its really been done, id like to do that sometime. i wonder how much extra lag that would cause?
 

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
Joined
·
10,377 Posts
NecroCyde said:
damn, now that its really been done, id like to do that sometime. i wonder how much extra lag that would cause?

It should see full boost around 4k give or take a few hundred RPM just like the MKIV guys running TTC do.

We're kinda spoiled with our stock twins that are smaller and have ceramic blades. We get no real lag to speak of. Replacing them with anything else creates lag. Not that it's that bad, but it'll be there :faint:
 

·
GT40 1.5JZ
Joined
·
1,210 Posts
I did 302rwhp @10 psi. I did full boost @ 4k with an upgraded y-pipe.

joseph


edit: forgot to mention that I did 19psi daily on the USDM 2JZ turbos.
 

·
1JZ BLING
Joined
·
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
perf0rmance said:
I did 302rwhp @10 psi. I did full boost @ 4k with an upgraded y-pipe.

joseph


edit: forgot to mention that I did 19psi daily on the USDM 2JZ turbos.
302rwhp was with US 2j turbos on a 1jz???

I havent got my setup working yet, but i believe it will be done eventually. Only hard part is making that ypipe.
 

·
that twin 2jz guy
Joined
·
2,595 Posts
Jewishjalopi said:
Im sure it has something to do with the sequential setup, but im not exactly sure what.... its true the 1j cant run sequential, but the turbos themselves have a few butterfly valves like you'd find in the throttle body. These valves control the "sequential" i guess so i have to get rid of them to open up airflow to the back turbo. The back turbo has 2 valves that basically close the turbo off so it doesnt get any air until the right time.
all the butterfly are all connected to the secondary turbo only... if u look at the exhaust buttfly in the y pipe its only for the secondary one. and the one in the intake side is for the second one only.. its no use for u cuz ur ecu is not going to control it and u wont be able to boost higeher that what 8-10 psi out if the second turbo cuz noting will control it. if u do regulate boost the butter flys will be a restriction. cuz ur gonna be able to control it. basicaly what i am trying to say is that unless ur not running a solenoid control for all those bf(butter flys) then ur not gonna be able to control ur seconday turbo. even with ur boost controler. cuz ur passages will be blocked. the only u could get around if u were to get rid of all that shit and just run straight pipe. if anyone disagress plz do lmk.. or else u could ask the mkiv guys.. the only reason i am saying this cuz we have put my buddies mkiv turbos on twice on his two cars.. so just talkin from exprience
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
939 Posts
Also keep in mind the back turbo has no waste gate at all. It is a bypass only. The housing will not allow it to control boost at all. The setup has only the front waste gate to control boost. Basically you should toss the yPipe and make your own and replace the rear ex side with a front. Remove all the butterflys and go from there.
Cary
 

·
1JZ BLING
Joined
·
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ronl98 said:
all the butterfly are all connected to the secondary turbo only... if u look at the exhaust buttfly in the y pipe its only for the secondary one. and the one in the intake side is for the second one only.. its no use for u cuz ur ecu is not going to control it and u wont be able to boost higeher that what 8-10 psi out if the second turbo cuz noting will control it. if u do regulate boost the butter flys will be a restriction. cuz ur gonna be able to control it. basicaly what i am trying to say is that unless ur not running a solenoid control for all those bf(butter flys) then ur not gonna be able to control ur seconday turbo. even with ur boost controler. cuz ur passages will be blocked. the only u could get around if u were to get rid of all that shit and just run straight pipe. if anyone disagress plz do lmk.. or else u could ask the mkiv guys.. the only reason i am saying this cuz we have put my buddies mkiv turbos on twice on his two cars.. so just talkin from exprience
umm... im pretty sure thats why i said i was going to be removing them. Its cool though, i should have clarified my statement a little better.
 

·
Check Your Face!!!
Joined
·
1,417 Posts
hmm 19 psi twins on a 1jz, that could be an easy 390 rwhp right there, he he
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,902 Posts
he's still on stock injectors. :nuts:
Did Arnout already do this? You might wanna check with him or Orin to see if they've done something like this. Sounds like a fun project. Good luck to ya man. It will be interesting to see spool time on those. I bet they're going to be close to the Blitz K26/28 kits.

You can always TTC the turbos and run an AEM.

Bryan
 

·
GT40 1.5JZ
Joined
·
1,210 Posts
Jewishjalopi said:
302rwhp was with US 2j turbos on a 1jz???

I havent got my setup working yet, but i believe it will be done eventually. Only hard part is making that ypipe.

yep, that's right.....but remember ~10 psi


NecroCyde said:
hmm 19 psi twins on a 1jz, that could be an easy 390 rwhp right there, he he
I'm pretty sure that's where I was at.
 

·
1JZ BLING
Joined
·
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
BigTSetter said:
he's still on stock injectors. :nuts:
Did Arnout already do this? You might wanna check with him or Orin to see if they've done something like this. Sounds like a fun project. Good luck to ya man. It will be interesting to see spool time on those. I bet they're going to be close to the Blitz K26/28 kits.

You can always TTC the turbos and run an AEM.

Bryan
Ill be running the kit with 440cc injectors. Arnout did use the 2j setup, but he used 2 JDM front 2j turbos with a custom ypipe (the front JDM 2j turbo has the same flange as the ct12a so that it will mate to a 1j manifold). Unforuntaletly i dont have the money to buy 2 sets of JDM turbos so that i can use the fronts from each setup. I have no doubts, this turbo setup will work very well.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top