Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am making this thread just to show how to mod 93-96 housings to do a 97-98 conversion. This project took a long time due to the fact that 97+ headlights are so damn expensive and rarely sold for parts. I bought driver/passenger side headlights with busted housings(happens during an accident most of the time), with a good lens assembly. I also had a spare set of 93+ headlights I bought for $25 shipped a couple years ago....so I decided to make a good set of newer lights. I will update the thread later with some better pics, as I have not taken any with them on the car, and some of the conversion pics are on my other laptop at home.

A step by step process, which is pretty simple...

1) take lens assembly off old housings

2) take 97+ high beam reflector out by drilling a couple small holes in the back of the housing so the screws can be reached(If someone knows how to take the entire beam assembly out without doing this please let me know!)

3) Mod the 93+ low beam harness to eliminate the small driving light

4) fill the driving light hole in the back with some abs/silicone to seal

5) reassemble headlights....and put on car

Here are a couple of pics that I have right now of the finished product, will update later:

· Registered
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damn jason, that looks good.

where in the hell did you find a 97-98 that had a busted housing but had the lens in such good shape?

when i respray the inside of my light i think im gona get rid of that little running light thats in there now
I know one of them came off Woon's car when he hit the wall, had some scratches but I polished them out. The other one I was told came off a car that was wrecked...it seems as if sometimes the housing will bust before the lens. I had a bid on a busted housing 97+ on ebay a few months ago but was outbid, so they are out there......just have to be patient.

Jason

· Banned
1,400 Posts
You can take the whole hig/low beam assembly out by just loosening the adjuster all the way and then popping the clips off of the round ball pegs. Then you can just remove the 3 screws that hold the high beam reflector on

· Con CaC May
878 Posts
damn looks nice

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.