Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 1987 Turbo supra w/ NEW PICS AS OF 12/22/03 !

yes i know it needs lots of work, those pics are of last week ill have the new ones up for this week.

this past week ive spent time gutting the enitre interior and removing all the sound deadening.
It looked like at first on the dog legs there was just slight surface rust but NOOOOO :( i pulled the rear bumper cover and there is a hole down there about the size of my head (rust hole) :(

but here are my plans:
Some motor work i.e. top end stuff no block work yet dont have the $$$$ to do it

nice body work done and the Do-Luck body kit for it, i need new bumpers any ways and i like the look of that kit and that kit is no where to be found around here ( omaha, nebr)

if you guys have any suggestions please add them,
thanks,
Mike

·
turbo
582 Posts
damn a lotta $$, time, and hardwork to fix that car. Man I would of bought one in better condition, you would of probably saved more money then having to fix all that shit. Oh well, good luck. Also dont remove all the sound deading, the stuff in the very front, keep that on.

·
Registered
500 Posts
yea man you got lots of work to do. heres a suggestion, work on the interior, not go all out but make it so that you feel good inside the car when you're driving it. after all you'll be spending most of your time in the cockpit! good luck with the body work and engine work.

·
Supra hail dent king :(
1,155 Posts
('56k'damn pics to big only could see 1 motor pic and the interior) damn and i thought i made a bad choice and i thought my car was hella bad. hehe..guess we both have work to do eh?

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
from experience with many mk3s.... heres my honest to god suggestion and advice and if you had any inkling of smarts in you...you would at least take it into consideration....

bring the car back to original stock condition FIRST. thatsincluding engine,interir, and body. make it all look good and run well stock specs FIRST.

then and only then start modding it up and adding aftermarket things....the only exception to this would be things that you would replace with ftermarket things because they are broken......such as radiators or bumpers if need be....

also from the first pic of it....you NEED a clutch fan shroud.......otherwise youre cooling will suck ass.....dont wlecome the BHG monster!

and good luck! bring that beast back to life! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts