Supra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Really clean car, I like it... I don't mean to be rude but it just didn't seem as fast as I thought it was going to be. More boost? :)

Nice car anyway.

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have to mess with the ebc a little more yet...i have turbo lag right now do to the GAIN features on the ebc...i'll probably tune it tomorrow and get that fixed...

whats funny is i have 2 small stock turbos and a big evo single turbo spooled quicker than I did from a 1st gear roll! lol!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
stock fuel? if so i wouldnt run more than 15psi on stock fuel. plus 9b's drop off around 4500-5000 to 10-11psi i think.

tight car none the less. i would have gone will a little less chrome in the engine bay but everyones taste is different. i love the green on 3s's. btw...slip the clutch a little more next time you launch it. :)

·
il faut voir pour savoir
956 Posts
ToyotaSupra00 said:
are you kidding? there has been many already...
nope not kidding. please post one up!! I've been in the 3000GT scene for years and I've never seen one. 5spds are aluminum and explode a lot; 6spds are steel and don't explode - if anything was to go it'd be the bellhousing on the tranny before the TC. :)

-Ryan

·
Banned
175 Posts
how do you feel about 99 vr4

·
Diehard 4G63/AWD User
666 Posts
lawdogg said:
nope not kidding. please post one up!! I've been in the 3000GT scene for years and I've never seen one. 5spds are aluminum and explode a lot; 6spds are steel and don't explode - if anything was to go it'd be the bellhousing on the tranny before the TC. :)

-Ryan

This man is dead on. I love the 1Gs though. :sadance:

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lawdogg said:

-Ryan
Mitsuman03 on 3si.org
He blew his 6 speed transfer case to pieces on his 99 vr4

·
il faut voir pour savoir
956 Posts
ToyotaSupra00 said:
Mitsuman03 on 3si.org
He blew his 6 speed transfer case to pieces on his 99 vr4
It was actually his tranny, the midcase cracked I believe. He did this on the way to my shop, GZP in Easton, when he took his car off the flatbed because he couldn't back it off the on-ramp. Nobody really knows what caused it, I think it had to do with the Redline Shockproof tranny fluid he was running. Here's a link to the thread on 3SI we made him post to prove he was actually on his way: http://www.3si.org/forum/showthread.php?t=299012

If you don't want to click on the thread, here are some pics of his car (cuz it's a badass '99 VR-4) along with a pic of the damage:

:)

-Ryan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.