Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
GO 'Cats!
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine is coming out of H2O car wash here in Austin and goosing it a little to get through an intersection and 90 degree left turn. The tires were wet and the rear end came around hard and fast. I nearly took out a line of road bikers (pedal) who were coming down the (wrong side) road. I caught it after I lifted the throttle and it looked like a pretty sweet Dukes O' Hazzard "intentional" maneuver, perfectly into my lane right beside the bikes. Their eyes were huge :bigthumb:

·
NA-T T61
1,988 Posts
made a U turn on the freeway on one of those cop medians, boosted in first gear to get with the speed of traffic and the read end kicked, went off about 20-30 feet off the freeway, somehow managed to drive out of it witout a scratch!

·
Banned
397 Posts
Ran over a curb making a turn from a narrow street and took out a chunk of my rim and tire. Doh, an expensive lesson.

·
Banned
291 Posts
got caught in a bad rain storm and had terribly bald tires. i was driving slowly and carefully but i shifted while going over a railroad track and the rear end bounced and swung out and i spun over a curb sideways, hit a speedlimit sign, went into a huge ditch, and finally stopped about 1foot away from a telephone pole...
all i got was a dent in the front left fender where i hit the speedlimit sign and very small scrapes on my stock rims..

im suprised the wheels didnt get ripped off or my BL 4" exhaust damaged..

all i did was get back in the car and drove out of the ditch and got home safely

·
Registered
964 Posts
took a left tur, the back kickked out, thought i had control when it swung to the other side (pitcure the letter "S"), smoked a curb and a bush. Cracked my front bumper and lip, dented my iforged wheel (migth not be fixable), threw the alignment off, as well as sum other minor things.

June was not a good month.....a shop fucked my car up-made it ran liek shit, i fucked up the body and wheels

·
Registered
298 Posts
back when my car was BPU my friends and I were at MIR for the import vs. muscle competition and there is a dual lane highway near to there and I was racing a gt mustang with bolt ons and nitrous (I won!!) when I passed a cop with radar set up at ---. He pulled out and I just kept on the gas and dipped off onto a side road. Well three streets up on the left I decided to take a near 90 degree angle turn at 60 mph with out braking. My friend was holding on for dear life in the passenger seat and I dropped into third and floored it while turb\ning sharp to the left. It ended up being one of the best drifts of my life and such a rush, scary and amazing at the same time.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
messing around with a guy i knew I was following him and he was in a 3kgt well it had rained earlier that day and comming around a turn (not going that fast) my car started sliding and it spun a couple of time and went over the median, 2 new rims 4 new tires and a hole in my bumper...yep the close call? i came about 2 feet from a telephone pole as i went over the median

·
GO 'Cats!
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
witeenigma said:
i had to use the bathroom... and almost shitted in the car... does that count?
Only if you leaked into your boxers...a little at least....the close call being you almost got it on the car!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Right after I got my car I was driving it like a dumbass and the ass end let loose and came all the way around on me. I ended up on the front lawn of a local restaraunt after jumping a curb backwards and destroying a wheel and my sideskirts......I have a lot more respect for it now.....and a Racelogic :bigthumb:

·
GO 'Cats!
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Baby got back...

I am considering the RLTC myself. It seems the posterior aspect of these sexy bitches seems to be our WaTErLoO so to speak. Damn the ass end on these is so sexy though....baby got back...thwack thwack... :nutkickhi

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
bonz said:
I am considering the RLTC myself. It seems the posterior aspect of these sexy bitches seems to be our WaTErLoO so to speak. Damn the ass end on these is so sexy though....baby got back...thwack thwack... :nutkickhi
The RLTC is definately worth it especially if you plan on going APU.

·
GO 'Cats!
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How about if going BPU+++?

·
Registered
382 Posts
In my 1st supra (BPU) I had numerous close calls and 2 accidents (bad ones),2nd accident car was totaled, I was in my youth back then.
Now in my mid thirties I respect my 2nd Supra a whole lot more (its single now). The close call that sticks in my mind is the time I had just bought new tires and was leaving the tire shop, I had to make a u-turn, so I hit it ,the tires had armorall on them so it was like moving on glass, car lost it and almost hit 2 other cars, missed by few inches (thank you Jesus).

·
GO 'Cats!
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How old were you when you had your first accident? 2nd? 1st Supra?

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Never had a close call on this car yet, but I've had plenty when i owned turbo Mr2's. Those cars are unforgiving as fuck.

·
Hawtness
1,598 Posts
i probably shouldnt talk because it could happen to me at any given moment but why do a lot of you guys get on it right when you go into/get out of a turn? It seems like 9/10 posts that were about almost accidents were about getting on the gas to early? Why wouldnt you wait till the car is straightened out?

·
Registered
446 Posts
2nd week of owning the car I shifted into second a little too fast right after it had rained and I did a 180. I didnt have much experience with rwd so I froze and did what every noob would do, BREAK HARD.

My second close call wasn't my fault, but our crappy stock traction control. I was on a metal bridge while it was raining and the rear started to lose traction for no reason. Car goes sideways, I steer to correct the car and give a little gas, but no power thanks to tc. Car keeps sliding and tc then decides to give me power a second late and swings the car the other way. I dunno how I didnt total the car

·
GO 'Cats!
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Smokey1226 said:
i probably shouldnt talk because it could happen to me at any given moment but why do a lot of you guys get on it right when you go into/get out of a turn? It seems like 9/10 posts that were about almost accidents were about getting on the gas to early? Why wouldnt you wait till the car is straightened out?
For me it's learning about the car. In most situations with even more throttle mine wouldn't have broken loose. I guess I expect A then the tail swings because of B and "normally" my throttle input would have been fine except..B...Yada Yada..etc...etc. :nutkickhi

OR our judgement sucks and we are F*(&*#$% stupid we and don't know any better :1poke:

OR It HAS happened to us at any given moment and we are discussing?! :ugh2:

Most likely a mixture at any given time :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts