Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car Is almost drivable! Got the engine in the car a few days ago and got it running really well now. Just waiting on some money, and more parts to come in.

Some background info. 1995 240sx with JDM Aristo 2jz and r154. Gonna stay with the stock twins for this summer then go single this winter.

I didn't take many pics throughout the build but I'll share what pics I do have.

When I first got the engine.

Ready to be dropped in.

FMIC getting installed.

Battery relocated to the trunk.

Engine in and running.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Way cool. Love seeing the 2jz in other cars!

·
Registered
300 Posts
clean

·
Registered
7 Posts
Very cool man, gonna keep an eye on your build here. I have a zenki S14 as well, and am doing the same swap, with the same R154 tranny. Tried to post an intro thread explaining it, but it's been two weeks and a few reposts to no avail.

What clutch are you going with?

·
2JZ S13
2,220 Posts
awesome man!

Good to see its getting done! hope to see it this summer sometime.

·
2JZ S13
2,220 Posts
i used a Stock 2JZGTE (Supra) Lower radiator hose. and then cut a few inches out of the middle, and used a coolant temp sensor piece to mate the 2 hoses together. works like a charm. :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Problem.Today when I went out to start it I pushed the clutch in and heard a pop noise and the pedal went to the floor.

I looked under by the bell-housing and the slave was fully extended out even if I lifted the pedal up. So I decided I would

re-bleed the clutch really good and now the pedal is extremely hard....no matter how many times I bleed it.

I can't get the pedal all the way down even if I tried. And the slave is still not retracting. This is a brand new slave

from the parts store. Do you think it has gone bad?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Does the clutch still disengage? From what your describing, it sounds like a broken clutch fork, and/or a siezed slave. If you look through the little inspection window, is the slave cylinder rod still pressing against the fork? Time to disassemble....

1 - 20 of 110 Posts