Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Project Sleepra
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my project has finally started to gain momentum so I figured I'd make a thread to help document my progress and allow anyone with prior experience to provide encouragement, or advice as to my progress and battle plan

here's my current list of stuff i need in order to pull this off. Things with a slash are found or on lay away, and things with an X are already in my posession or enroute (ie shipping) if there is no marking, I know I need it but haven't found it or can't afford it yet.

Bare essentials:

/ 2JZ-GTE (possibly aristo engine, so I may need a supra oil pan not sure yet)
X 1JZ bell housing
X 304 stainless single turbo manifold for 2JZ from Vecco.net
X JZGTE ignitor
BiC Performance JZ motor mounts
Garrett GT35R
HKS 44mm external wastegate
HKS SSQV bov
Fluidyne radiator for mkIII
Flex a lite dual elec fans
Meizere electric water pump for 2JZ
Walboro fuel pump 255lph
MegaSquirt EFI

A little more power...

Titan motorsports fuel rail with 850cc injectors
Virtual Works intake manifold with 95mm throttle body and throttle cable
Virtual Works PS pump relocation kit
GT42R
Dual walboro intanks
TRD LSD
Carbon fiber driveshaft
EBC
4" downpipe with v-bands
4" exhaust ~ RS*R
4" in muffler (borla, magnaflow, etc.. any muffler suggestions for the 'classic' 2JZ sound?)

I'll post pictures of everything when I get the chance

·
Premium Member
6,638 Posts
just use stock, dont mother with the Meizere electric pump... everything else looks good.... good luck!

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
ImUrTurboLover said:
MegaSquirt EFI
i love u laughing man!
G.I.T.S....

anyway v3 or what? im hoping to go tht route w.o the EDIS wheel.

and your build looks similar to what mine will be.

can't wait!!

·
no more supras
2,175 Posts
you should also use this thread to keep a $ account on how much you spend :) for the rest of the community and for yourself as well so you don't go over budget completely when the bugs come in (which very well might)

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
im trying to keep my build sub $6k.... i will post a parts cost analysis when i start purchasing for my project.

-ian

·
Project Sleepra
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to try and keep my budget reasonable, but the performance junky in me wants complete excess... 800hp and about a $12,000 price tag just for the motor and all the associated mods combined to get there

but as I make progress, I shall update with pics and the like

and yes after talkin with you cassio, I decided MS would be a better idea and is more than up to the task. The bellhousing i found on ebay was immaculate.. it had to be new old stock or something.. i'll post up pics tonight possibly... and maybe some of the car thats getting all the TLC

as far as MS.. not sure what board I'm goin with.. maybe a V2 since I've already started building one of those for my other car.. just finish it up and use it on the supra instead

ps G.I.T.S. rules =D

·
Banned
664 Posts
you overpaid for your bellhousing if you got it off ebay. I think you paid $399 + $100 shipping right? you can get them brand new from toyota for around $315 shipped.

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
I'd stick with the fluidyne and a stock 2JZ waterpump with clutch-type fan... AKA stock. It works quite well with no need to replace.

Also... CF driveshaft? Why? 1 piece aluminum is fine for half the price. I mean you're talking about perhaps 3lbs. weight savings, I don't know.

Aside from that, looks promising. Keep us updated.

·
Premium Member
6,638 Posts
Stock87Turbo said:
you overpaid for your bellhousing if you got it off ebay. I think you paid $399 + $100 shipping right? you can get them brand new from toyota for around $315 shipped.

thats a good deal

·
Newbe....I know nothing!
1,853 Posts
Stock87Turbo said:
Ya I got mine from Toyota for $300 the one before that I got from Toyota in Japan and it was $220us.

Jeremy

p.s. looks good keep us updated

·
Project Sleepra
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Stock87Turbo said:
na i paid $400 with shipping from jaaaaapan

I didn't bother with a dealership thinking that they wouldn't have parts that are in foreign only cars

but anyway today I got my vecco.net manifold. Its not as shiny as I'd hoped, and the collection point for all the tubes is a lil haphazard, but overall it looks like it'll serve its purpose and get the car at least running on a single turbo quite well.

Here's a pic of it, and the bellhousing as well

more pics and info coming VERY soon :)

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
where on vecco.net do they have a 2J manifold?

i was thinking of going the fleBay route and get a china mani.

·
Project Sleepra
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ebay baby search 2JZ and browse.. vecco had it, and someone else had a mani with external WG but I've heard of vecco before and heard good things about them so I went with them.. spent $180 the mani is beefy I think the flanges are all 1/2" and the welds are very nice

·
I'm Single
125 Posts
you are going to need that oil pan. hope it helped to save you some time.

·
Project Sleepra
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
^if the engine is from an aristo

I didn't check (i didn't know any better when I was looking at the engine) but it did say TRC on the intake manifold or whatever, which is a good indication its from an aristo.. and since 90% of JDM 2JZs are from aristos, I assume it is one but I"ll double check when I get the motor home and on an engine stand... 5/6/06 is when I pick up the engine

I'm looking at a GT4088 journal bearing turbo as the first "big turbo" i'll put on.. I eventually want a GT42R but I found the 4088 for a really really good price (less than 1k) and its brand new.

·
I'm Single
125 Posts
ImUrTurboLover said:
^if the engine is from an aristo

I didn't check (i didn't know any better when I was looking at the engine) but it did say TRC on the intake manifold or whatever, which is a good indication its from an aristo.. and since 90% of JDM 2JZs are from aristos, I assume it is one but I"ll double check when I get the motor home and on an engine stand... 5/6/06 is when I pick up the engine

I'm looking at a GT4088 journal bearing turbo as the first "big turbo" i'll put on.. I eventually want a GT42R but I found the 4088 for a really really good price (less than 1k) and its brand new.
sorry i miss read that last nite, i thought you already knew what the engines was form and wasnt sure if you need a pan or not. sounds like it will be a sweet ride. Like i posted else where have only got to drive mine a dozen or so times before i left for Iraq, of all the things i miss the most....... yeah it would be the supra, god i hope the G/F dont find this.

where are you at in NJ, I should be at Ft Dix, sometime in Nov or early Dec.

·
Project Sleepra
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wow thats really weird ft dix is really close to my house

I'm in bordentown I usually hit up atco raceway and hopefully before the end of this season I'll be taking the supra down with the 2JZ for some shake down runs and hopefully some tuning

maybe when you get back stateside we can meet up and rip up some pavement, shred some rubber and bruise some egos at atco

granted I get my car together in time (november and march are the best months for racing.. nice cold weather, empty track, no events)

in other news, I just picked up a 1JZ ignitor off ebay for the swap it should be getting to me sometime this week.

Everything mechanical is starting to come together... not looking forward to the nightmare thats going to be the electrical set up.

my89T, what did you do ecu wise?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts