Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm excited, thought I'd post it here . . . I'm still in Dallas but will post up sheets . . .

My car ran a 550 RWHP and 526+ RWTQ dyno. today on 19.2 psi and a 75 shot of Nitrous. It's on stock turbos, stock fuel system (stock pump, everything), no Cam Gears, etc.

=) What's the record for stock turbo and stock fuel dyno.?

Edit:

Dyno. Sheet Now Online: http://lilviv.com/supra/speedprf.html
(Above Wheel Numbers ~647 Crank HP, ~618 Crank ft./lb. Torque)
 

·
i'm a bauce
Joined
·
1,287 Posts
congrats, awesome numbers....


i have the exact same setup, and am hopeing for the same!

p.s...isn't there any kind of fuel mods that needs to be done to run 550rwhp?...i wanna know before turning the juice on :D
 

·
I CAN HAS WELFARE
Joined
·
3,413 Posts
Vivek, had fun today with the cars and congrat's on your amazing dyno...It is time to go SINGLE...

Kyle
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
17,223 Posts
Be careful Viv. You don't want to end up like my car. I'd think about upgrading your fuel system pretty soon! ;)

Awesome numbers! :)

Steve
 

·
Old School
Joined
·
4,014 Posts
Damn Viv, that's awfully impressive!

For piece of mind (better than the motor in pieces ;)) a walbro pump and the BD bypass might help you get away with those numbers a bit longer.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
3,148 Posts
Phillip Long did 550rwhp and 640rwtq with stock fuel and stock turbo's. He did add a larger wire to his fuel pump to get a little more voltage to the pump. The interesting thing is he wasn't running lean (12.0:1) where he made 550rwhp (5,000-5,800rpm), but he was lean (13.0:1)where he was running 640rwtq (4,400rpm). I am going to go single with a T66 and stock fuel. My goal is to see how far I can go until I can no longer maintain at least a 12.0:1 a/f ratio. I am still a ways away since the insurance company has yet to give me an offer on my car but hopefully this will happen in the next 4 months. My plan is to be able to run 18psi on pump gas and make at least (510rwhp). Basically this will mean I will have a 600 crank horsepower car for the roadcourse. :)

Later, Steve
 

·
Old School
Joined
·
4,014 Posts
Originally posted by Steve Jarvis:
<STRONG>Phillip Long did 550rwhp and 640rwtq with stock fuel and stock turbo's. He did add a larger wire to his fuel pump to get a little more voltage to the pump. The interesting thing is he wasn't running lean (12.0:1) where he made 550rwhp (5,000-5,800rpm), but he was lean (13.0:1)where he was running 640rwtq (4,400rpm). I am going to go single with a T66 and stock fuel. My goal is to see how far I can go until I can no longer maintain at least a 12.0:1 a/f ratio. I am still a ways away since the insurance company has yet to give me an offer on my car but hopefully this will happen in the next 4 months. My plan is to be able to run 18psi on pump gas and make at least (510rwhp). Basically this will mean I will have a 600 crank horsepower car for the roadcourse. :)

Later, Steve</STRONG>
My guess is that he went lean around peak torque due to the fact that the nitrous shot is a fixed size, the amount of O2 it contains is the same. Since the motor had more open intake valve time at the lower RPM more nitous was fed to the motor causing the lean condition. This is why you don't want to spray too early, also.

Plus it's safer to do this on a dynojet, which has FAR less load than say 4th gear in the second 1/8th of a quarter mile. Any shortcomings in fuel will show up a lot faster on the street than on the dyno.
 
Z

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Steve Theodore:
<STRONG>Be careful Viv. You don't want to end up like my car. I'd think about upgrading your fuel system pretty soon! ;)

Awesome numbers! :)

Steve</STRONG>
Steve, what happened with your supra? did it blow runing lean?

:confused:
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
17,223 Posts
Not completely determined at this time, but the new owner will be disassembling the old motor and will find out for sure. Every indication is that it threw a rod, and it wasn't while driving it hard either. Happened after I'd already negotiated the sale of the car, and I was only driving it to charge up the battery and to fill up the tank.

An expensive ending to my Supra ownership, to say the least. :(

Steve

Zerosoul said:


Steve, what happened with your supra? did it blow runing lean?

:confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the comments on the numbers, I was excited, and it was more than I had hoped for.

I was a little scared about the fuel situation . . . I was told that the stock fuel pump will hold 'round 525 RWHP, but I never imagined I'd hit that.

Bottle pressure was low, we heated up the bottle to about 1000 psi, and then . . . bam, 550 RWHP, and it would've gone much higher, but the clutch gave way at that peak. We had clutch issues on earlier runs, and our solution was to wait 'til after the turbos came online to high boost, then hit the spray at around 4500 rpm. That's what we did.

I wanted that Walbro fuel pump, and I initially planned to never spray until I had that, but I ordered it well over a month ago . . . and, I never received it . . . turboimports.com had it on order forever, and it's on backorder, they say. So, I'll keep the order and hopefully just get it when it's off backorder. I'll take it easy and lower it to a 50 shot until then (which is where I put it after that run). I will do the BD Bypass mod. also, when that comes in.

Again, I'll post sheets when I return to Austin. Also, is it safe to spray a 50 shot on pump gas?
 
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
yes...you can run a 50shot on pump gas...just make sure you dont have the timing way advanced...on pump gas with alot of timing you may have detonation problems...its ideal that with nitrous you are supose to retard your timing 2-4 degrees for every 50shot...and that bottle pressure you ran for that run was perfect...optimum bottle pressure is between 900-1000psi...for more of an edge you run 1100psi..but 1000psi was just fine...nice numbers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Dyno. Sheet ONLINE!

Well, finally got the dyno. sheet scanned. :)

http://www.lilviv.com/supra/550dyno1.jpg

Let me know what y'all think . . .

Post Edit: I read it wrong, I was not too lean . . . too rich.
 

·
.
Joined
·
666 Posts
No offense but let the guys w/ MKIV experience answer this... How you tune and how they tune are 2 different worlds.

My94Pony said:
yes...you can run a 50shot on pump gas...just make sure you dont have the timing way advanced...on pump gas with alot of timing you may have detonation problems...its ideal that with nitrous you are supose to retard your timing 2-4 degrees for every 50shot...and that bottle pressure you ran for that run was perfect...optimum bottle pressure is between 900-1000psi...for more of an edge you run 1100psi..but 1000psi was just fine...nice numbers.
 
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
MADMKIV by all means bro..go ahead and tell him what to do then...but im letting you know...anybody that produces nitro systems advise's that you retard your timing 2-4 degrees for every 50shot of nitrous on ANY car.

so since you say let the people with MKIV experience answer his question since you i know nothing about supra's and own a ford...are you implying that right now you could slap on a 50shot nitrous kit and have to not do ANYTHING to your timing what so ever???? Cause if you are your pretty damn lucky to not have detonation problems...you can call any nitrous distrubeter and they advise that its in your best interest to retard your timing 2-4 degrees for every 50 shot
 
W

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
are you implying that right now you could slap on a 50shot nitrous kit and have to not do ANYTHING to your timing what so ever????
Try a 150 shot. Aside from the Apexi ITC or standalone engine management, you cannot adjust for timing on the fly. The computer controls everything, helped by very sensitive knock sensors that signal the ECU to retard timing.

I run a 90 shot of NOS, and I have a completely stock ignition.
 
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
ok so no matter how you put it...by slapping on the nitrous you will still be pulling timing out even if it is a computer doing it...im sure you cant slap it on without the timing retarding at all...and if your setups do...i want one
 
Z

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I am completlely ignorant on the timing subject, can someone explain that to me? how does timing effect hp?
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top