Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Premium Member
7,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just on my way to work and was stopped at a light and a lady rolls up next to me in a gorgeous new orange Camaro. I was sitting there thinking how much I wanted a piece of that thing! The lady had this smug ass smile on her face. One that said, Yea I just bought this and I can take anything on the street...

The light turns green and I just roll out casually, but the lady hammers it. So I punch the throttle, spin all through first and hop into second....and I still walk away from it.

My setup can be seen in my sig, fun lil story for you guys!

Reid

· Registered
1,800 Posts
First, the story wasn't fun at all.

Second, the new Camaros are slow.

Third, they're really not that good looking because of how BIG they made them.

Fourth, you "raced" a lady in a new body Camaro that was most likely an auto.

Fifth, Your Supra is single and you wasted your time.

Sixth, I'm just trying to get on your nerve lol. Sorry man but I'm just kiddding.

I was serious about second and third though.

· Premium Member
7,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol nice comments. I was like, this guys a smart ass! Then saw the end haha. It was a stick for sure. It was stll pretty quick. Aesthetics are all sujective, I like em. To each his own of course. This chick really wanted t go though! It was mostly fun for me, I've been wanting to see how quick they are. Now I need to find a C6 Z06!

Reid

· Banned
3,180 Posts
First, the story wasn't fun at all.

Second, the new Camaros are slow.

Third, they're really not that good looking because of how BIG they made them.

Fourth, you "raced" a lady in a new body Camaro that was most likely an auto.

Fifth, Your Supra is single and you wasted your time.

Sixth, I'm just trying to get on your nerve lol. Sorry man but I'm just kiddding.

I was serious about second and third though.
LOL I was about to say wtf is this dudes problem.:lol:

Good animated lil story you got there.:bigthumb:

· Registered
71 Posts
well they are slow but i've been on the 5th gen camaro forums and they have a header, exhaust, cam, and tune kit out already that makes 480+whp... it would be nice to run across one of those. plus one guy at 500 miles pulled the brand new engine out and dropped in a 415 stroker. I'm not a domestic guy be any means but damn! all we need now is a supra guy getting ahold of one and dropping a 1200hp 2j in it haha

· Premium Member
7,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
holy shit! Pulling a brand new motor?!?! Seems worse than when SCC stripped down brand new paint for rattle can flat black (although it did turn out nicely).

I wouldn't be suprised seeing that swap, the 2JZ is the LS1 of this generation...

Reid

· Premium Member
7,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol it DEFINITELY made me happy. That smug smile on the lady's face and the fact that she jumped gave me a real confidence boost. It's really true that all you need is close to 500whp and you can take almost anything on the street.

Reid

· Premium Member
7,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

· Registered
14,778 Posts
awesome kill..

i had to talk my friend out of buying a new camaro.. he was waiting FOREVER to get one, and i let him know that based on the power to weight ratio, the cost, and the wait to get one... he would be severly upset, especially after riding in my supra a couple times.... finally talked him into getting something better, so he got a ls2 vette which he plans on supercharging.... cheaper than a camaro and will beat the piss out of it too..

i dunno bout the rest of you, but im hating the new muscle cars coming out... even the challenger with all its extra hp, seems like the only people who buy them are doucebags trying to look badass cause they got one

· Registered
303 Posts
The new Camaros are tanks they have alot of weight compared to the Supra. None the less a kill is a kill even though it pretty clear cut from the get go imho. Modded Single Supra > Most cars on the road. Don't get me wrong there are still plenty of fast cars that could take down or keep up with a modded but actually running into them is another story.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.