Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So it's been a while since I have started my own topic in the member rides section of SF. After I've sold my 1985 Euro spec MKII in 2012, my whole focus changed from cars to study. After gradution, getting a proper job and started living on my own, I decided it was time for a Supra again. This time it had to be a MKIV TT 6spd. Using Ken Henderson’s buying guide he posted somewhere on this forum, the hunt began :)

The search took about a year to find the right car for me. There were a lot of NA/TT swap cars available at the time, however I wasn't interested in those, neither the already modded turbo models. Then I found a nice RZ-S, with some used marks. The clearcoat on the roof was in horrible shape and needed to be repainted asap. However the base was very well, and 100% bone stock. Nice and clean interior with almost all the available options at the time. And a club car since day 1 it arrived in Europe. One thing I didn’t like was the A/T, but I decided to take a look anyway. To make a long story short, after a 60 min testdrive I was convinced the A/T suited my driving style pretty well. It was the first automatic I had ever driven, so I was surprised how smooth the gearchanges were. I made an offer and drove the car home.

Took care of the maintenance first and drove the hell out of it this year!
All fluids, filters etc. have been changed.

- Motul 300V
- Motul Gear 300
- Motul RBF600
- Fuchs Titan ATF 4400
- Toyota Long life red coolant

After a few months it went in for paint: Roof, rear bumper, mirrors and door handels. And I decided to install BNIB fl headlights with a clear bra to protect these beauties.

The car is almost how I like it to be. A few things on my list are:

- Install BNIB Goodridge braided lines
- Install BNIB Eibach Pro springs
- Wheels (Custom Works ordered – Thanks a lot for the help Radride!)
- New undercoating
- BPU
- Leather seats

Hope you guys enjoy the pics so far. I will update this thread when the new wheels arrive.

Special thanks to a few forum members: Marco (Tjabbo), Paul (Anonymous01), Luke (Luke94) and Radride.

Casper

Moonstone vs QS FX

·
JZA80
3,117 Posts
Looks great, love 6n0.

·
"Ze Germans"
446 Posts
Sweet Write-up! And I can just emphasize how nice this car looks in real life! Good Job Casper. I especially like your Center Caps xD

·
Registered
209 Posts
Very clean car, Casper! It´s always good to see a Supra in enthusiasts hands. Can´t wait to see the wheels on it.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Time for an update.
Installed:
BNIB boot blind
BNIB airbox lid
98 RZ steering wheel
BNIB Work Gnosis CV201 with MPS4S tires.

Waiting to be installed:
Rare complete HKS SLD T6 with new connectors
Goodridge brake lines
BNIB timing belt, waterpump and everything related.

·
Super Moderator
10,447 Posts
Casper,

Whoa! Those wheels....though. Very nice work my good friend (pun intended). You know I love me some Work Wheels. Great job all around.

Ken.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Casper,

Whoa! Those wheels....though. Very nice work my good friend (pun intended). You know I love me some Work Wheels. Great job all around.

Ken.
Thanks Ken!
Love the wheels and fitment. Eibachs are quite low, but perfect in my eyes.
I went with a taller rear tire than recommended, a 295/30/19, but that is the look I like the most. Fenders shaved flush and properly sealed.

The Michelins are amazing! You have to try the PS4S!

Casper

·
Registered
209 Posts
I just can repeat, what Ken and Paul said: AWESOME fitment, Casper! The Supra looks amazing and it´s a shame, that I won´t see it this year. :(

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Thanks guys! Love the way it looks.
Still get some rubbing from the right rear since my alignment is not setup properly. The camber and toe bolts are seized.
New bolts and bushes are waiting to be installed. Next is the Lance alignment.

Also a few weeks ago we had a meeting with our local Supra club. Here are some fresh pics thanks to Tear Fotografie!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts