Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Supra or Nothing
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
DAMN... for a first time driver and only 17 years old... I think my NA 86.5 Supra is amazing. I got it when I was 16 and have loved it ever since. IT is also a pretty fast car when compared to the average cars around me while driving.

ANYONE ELSE OWN A 86.5... OR MAYBE A SWEET MK3??? HOLLLA

·
Registered
501 Posts
I own an 87 N/A sports package with bolt ons and only a drivers and passangers seat

·
Registered
28 Posts
Get a picture of it up!! I've got a 87 n/a (and a non-running 87 Turbo). I've had mine since I was 16 as well and loved it (I'll be 18 on 4/17) These cars kick ass, period.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
n/a's are slow :takethat:

lol im j/k i love that smiley. My yellow car in my avatar was an 86.5...biggest pile of crap though, blown headgasket, cracks all over engine and burnt valves :rolleyes: 86.5's are the lightest of mk3's so they have advantages.

for a 17 yr old thats a nice car to have...i know i thought it was when i was younger..

now when we get old we want stupid turbos and shit...it never stops

humans suck :takethat:

·
Registered
583 Posts
im 17 and i have an 88 n/a my dad dad had an 87 n/a b4 me, raced a porsche and won on the highway :die:

·
Registered
583 Posts
old school i think four cylinder im not sure i know my friend has one just like it tho lol. it said porsche in black bold letters on the back light in the middle or w/e it was a realll long time ago.

·
CT12 Destroyer
2,992 Posts
a 914 ^ ?

If so that's not an accomplishment ;)

Stock they make 78Hp.. Hell mine is only making ~165..With a bored, built, and carborated motor

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
hehe i just turned and just finally got my 89 turbo for my birthday. bought and sold cars and worked my way up within a year and a half. pretty good id say :) started out with a 88 n/a targa. let me learn more about how the cars handle, and how the head gasket can blow a week after getting it :freak:

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
i will own a supra soon :D ive had my chances to get a z31 turbo,and other cars, but i just want a supra, theres just something about them that i love. Well, sweet supra, think you could get some pics up?

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
I also own an 86.5 n/a 5spd sport package with many n/a mods..i must say..WOW not fast at all..I hated the power it made, so now I'm currently doing the 1/2 na-t and it should be done within the next two weeks..Since I'm only 16, I know when it was n/a it was a very nice car for a teen to drive, but it just really didn't give me the power I want.
Good Luck with your 86.5

-Dave

·
supra crazzzy
585 Posts
stratoayu said:
hehe i just turned and just finally got my 89 turbo for my birthday. bought and sold cars and worked my way up within a year and a half. pretty good id say :) started out with a 88 n/a targa. let me learn more about how the cars handle, and how the head gasket can blow a week after getting it :freak:
wow u sound like me working my way from an 89 probe GT too a 88 n/a and now shooting for a turbo

·
Escaped from infinite lag
1,103 Posts
Ive got an 86.5 now turbo it was a sports package stock NA when i got it though

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,376 Posts
i dont even know what it would be like to own another supra. i feel weird even when im in my friends cars. just doesnt feel "right"

only my supra feels at home. maybe its because ive been in that same car since like the age of 3 :bigok:

-Joe :run:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a 86.5, for 3 years now , i am 19, but in two years, once i return from holland and finish college i am gonna get a MKIV. i love my NA tho, its a looker

·
Chris Dickens
3,027 Posts
I had an 86.5 and I loved every minute of it. It was in bad shape though so I have graduated to a 90 targa. The engine is being rebuilt and you can bet there'll be no more NAs in my future. Congrats though. And welcome to the club.

My old beater 86.5

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
a buddy of mine owns a 86.5.. we saved from the wrecking yard.. lol.. found apandond in a storage facility claimed abandonded title on it... motor was seized.. dropped my old gte motor / trans in there... strangly enough the car had a 3.91 lsd in it???? its pretty rough.. (paint is shot, interior needs new dash and carpet rest is pretty damn good, body is straight very minor rust.. less then my car.. haha)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts