Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an AUTOMATIC 1989 Supra MA70 chassis. I've already yanked the 7m-ge. I just got my RHD JDM Aristo 2jz-gte 5-speed clip. Sounds kinda weird being that Aristo's only came auto. Mine was just swapped in Japan I guess. I just got lucky to source one for only $3000. I plan to convert the car to a 5 speed and keep it LHD. Can anyone who has done this swap give me a list of things/parts that I need. I just want to narrow things down a bit from the info i've acquired. Any help would be greatly appreciated..... :bigthumb: :ugh2: :bigthumb:

·
Boostin
1,280 Posts
You will need.....

2jz harness or 1jz harness ( this is easier)
Motor mounts/bracket if your are in bad shape
oil pans, oil pickup
drive shaft,clutch cylinder since you are going to 5spd and more....

I know we just did the swap so I forgot what was needed because money was flying everywhere to get the car started. Well all those are what you need to get the motor in and get it started.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you do a single turbo conversion? Which exhaust manifold?

I have the 2j harness and ECU that comes with the clip.
I have the later style '89 crossmember with stock motor mounts and brackets (good condition) which im not sure if they will work for this swap. ???
I plan to source the MK4 2jz oil pan and oil pickup from toyota.
Do I need a custom driveshaft? How was the 2jz to 7m wiring done?

Did you do an Auto to 5-Speed conversion? I know the firewall on my auto supra already has the cutout for the clutch master cylinder, Im just wondering if I need to do any cutting or will it be a clean tranny swap? Thanks for the help... :ugh2:

·
always watching
362 Posts
I have the 2j harness and ECU that comes with the clip.

I wouldn't suggest using that one cuz tuning later will be a motha. I am getting a US 2j harness, or you can go 1j. either works but don't use the aristo stuff, too hard to tune.

I have the later style '89 crossmember with stock motor mounts and brackets (good condition) which im not sure if they will work for this swap. ???
I plan to source the MK4 2jz oil pan and oil pickup from toyota.

You'll have to find the brackets off a supra 2j or a supra 1j. the 7m and aristo ones won't work.

Do I need a custom driveshaft?

You can use a 1j driveshaft, I think you might be able to use a 7m manual one but I'm not sure. I would just have a shop make you an aluminum one anyways.

How was the 2jz to 7m wiring done?

Its really no different then goin 1j, just use the supra harness from a MKIV or 1j MKIII, you will have to change some minor stuff though. and if you use a 1j harness you'll have to extend it, unless someone already has an extrended one.

Did you do an Auto to 5-Speed conversion? I know the firewall on my auto supra already has the cutout for the clutch master cylinder, Im just wondering if I need to do any cutting or will it be a clean tranny swap? Thanks for the help... :ugh2

the 5spd swap isn't that bad cuz the supra was made for both. you don't have to cut anything. just plug and play. I hope this helps. I only know the basics someone can cue you in on the specifics of each step. I'm building mine up so it won't be goin in for a while

1 - 4 of 4 Posts