Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 454 Posts

·
19in 795R HRE's FTW....
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://store.yahoo.net/wotmstore/multimedia.html

Here is the link to my latest pass at the NHRA finals. I've had a few e-mails about it, and I posted the link in my other thread but people tend to skip over stuff and miss it but here it is! Check them out.

I am hoping to get some vids from other people there. My vid isn't the best but it will do for now

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
nice video dude, 9.68 my god, lowering the bar yet again for 6-speeds! your the king of that tranny man lol. you would of had that damn wrx if the hose didn't pop. howd it feel to do the pro-style burnout?

Brett

·
19in 795R HRE's FTW....
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks:) The burnout was very fun! I left very clear tracks from my ET's to line up on. It makes a big difference

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Shit man you need to stop going faster, I'll never catch up at this pace!!!

Awesome run. What do you think she's capable off??

·
19in 795R HRE's FTW....
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In it's current trim with no changes I think 9.3 at a good track. Once I do some changes with the intake manifold, tires, suspension and turbo that will be a whole new ball game. Once I get into the 150's on boost I'll consider spraying the car to get that extra mph I'll need... Combine all that and do the math:) Who knows what will happen but thus far, I am VERY happy with the car and how its performed. It's been a pleasure driving it!

·
Driver Down
1,991 Posts
You suck at driving.

Hand your car over to me so I can show you how its done! :D

j/k..

bad-ass run, that burnout was infact... well.. insane. :)

·
19in 795R HRE's FTW....
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm getting the one that works the best of any intake on the market! It is the same one on Dana Westovers car and I am already taking orders for them! Pm me if you're interested. [email protected]. Turbo I'm not sure yet. I'll be using mine for a bit and I'm confident I can get to 150mph with it. I might not be changing it but if I don't I'll spray a small shot through it to get a really high mph:) I want to run deep deep 9's on boost alone and then go to the next level again.

·
19in 795R HRE's FTW....
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That in car pass was years ago actually at Pomona and it was my first 10sec pass! I was scared shitless running on ET streets for the first time at a national event. The car was moving around quite a bit. It's always fun on slicks:) I wish I had an incar of my 9.6 pass... There's another in car pass video on the Vegas 2002 DVD, but that was another slow pass, [email protected] or something...

·
Registered
192 Posts
Ryan,

I'm very curious about this full tenth that has been knocked off the 60' on this pass. For example, I think on your previous 9 second passes your 60' was a 1.54 (or higher?) if I remember correctly.

This 60' was a 1.44 -- Quite an improvement. Both 60's are specatular, but 1.44 is just amazing.

I downloaded the video to watch and enjoy it as I have enjoyed your other videos, and it appears as tho you are staging with the rear tires on the line, instead of your front tires.

The starter is waving you back, and you can see a 'painted white line' going across the screen where your rear tires are at.

Is it possible that you made a mistake (I've made this same mistake myself, once) -- And no one noticed it, and this is the explanation for the improved 60', and improved ET, despite the low MPH and the IC pipe failure?

A screenshot will follow showing what I am talking about.

·
19in 795R HRE's FTW....
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll bite my tongue with that post. All I can say to you is this was an NHRA event with THOUSANDS of people everywhere. Who would be dumb enough to stage with the rear tires in the first place. I have NEVER done that and never will.

That guy with the Mopar team shirt on works with a Pro Class Team. He is waving me back to line me up in my own tracks. He also knows what he's doing:)

I can't believe you would think that from an NHRA event, and with someone that has been down the track many times. The angle of the video is shitty, but if you saw the car leave next to it, you'd know it was a 1.44.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I've been down the track hundreds of times, and I have made that same mistake myself.

Once you see the evidence, I think you'll agree....

First, in this picture, you can cleary see the white line, and it definetly looks like your rear tire is staged on it.

The next shot, shows the white line again, and zooms out a bit more. You are fully staged at this point.

You can also see the front end of your car CLEARLY many feet BEYOND and IN FRONT of the white line.

However, in the lane NEXT to you, there is CLEARLY no car visible. So, we can say that either the next lane is EMPTY, or the car staged is a moron and staged well BEHIND the point that you staged at.

This next shot shows the tree coming down, and is only a few frames before launch. Still, no car present in the other lane.

The last and final shot shows the car in the lane next to you actually passing you. This person had a much better reaction time then you and out 60' you by a clear and visible margin. However, if we were to take a look at their slip, I'll bet their reaction time advantage, plus their clear short time advantage does not stack up to your 60', showing that you had an advantage at the tree caused by your severe deep staging.

At this point, the car in the previous lane is already in motion, and has been for a short period of time. However, their front end is JUST NOW passing the front line. While your car, which has also JUST started to move is still well beyond the white line.

Make of this evidence as you will, however, I certainly wouldnt mind hearing an account from the driver in the WRX, or seeing another video angle of this particular pass.

·
Super Moderator
5,991 Posts
:eek::cool:

Awesome video and race Ryan.

Can you attribute anything to why you were able to run faster at Pomona then at Vegas less then a month ago? Just different track conditions.... or did you make any adjustments to your car?

CraigK

J

·
0 Posts
Jesus people, wake up. First of all, it is impossible to stage with the rear tires, in order to do this you would have to break the beam of the second bulb, resulting in a red light. What do we think this is amatuer hour here? For crying out loud this is an NHRA event, not friday rookie madness. Ryans 60' was 1.44 what is so hard to accept? He cut a 1.54 at a night race in Vegas, goes to a professionally prepped track, one of the best in the country, and picks up a tenth, and my god, how could that possibly happen?

Ryan, Damn awesome run! Don't let these people who probably have never even been down a race track bother you. I especially like that they don't question the E.T. or the fact that you lost the intercooler pipe at 1000', but the 60' couldn't be. What exactly do they think it takes to run a 9.6X?

Jason.

·
19in 795R HRE's FTW....
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Staging over my tire marks made the biggest difference.

Ekool- just because you make stupid mistakes don't think I do. You obviously failed geometry and know nothing about camera angles. Plain and simple!

1 - 20 of 454 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.