• $35k

Votes: 5 4.9%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i'm bored and haven't posted here much.
i've had her for about 1 year. bought it already converted to ls1 and i had to do some small things to get it running right:
-fixed door locks (common)
-installed MazdaSpeed adjustable coilovers and aligned
-installed sway bar & custom bracket (there was non installed when i got it)
-replaced tan seats and door panels with black ones
-JDM Momo non-airbag steering wheel
-tuned the motor LS1 edit (400 hp, 410 tq)
-installed oil cooler for track events
-SSR comp 17 inch wheels
-fixed steering rack bolt (was in backwards)
-new pads and rotors
-installed ABS system
-fixed HVAC control (loose nuts behind panel)
-R1 wing and lip
-3.90 gears and adjusted KAAZ diff to 33% from 100%
-300m axles
-installed bullet muffler in front of existing hooker muffler to quiet it down a little.
-autometer shift-lite, oil pressure and oil temp gauges.
-sony CD headunit and rear speakers

i use it rarely on the street, but i did go 10.97 at 127 at atco on MT drag radials (i think 10.7 is possible on bias play drag slicks).
I autocross it and have taken it on pocono road course for HPDE.
The motor is a stroker 370 baby cam, cost about $11k back in 1999; made 474 on an engine dyno before LS1edit tuning was available. tranny is t56 with newish mcleod clutch (very grabby and chatters if not enough RPM is given).
paint is glasurit electron blue; 5 coats paint, 3 coats clear, wet sanded.
weighed 2730 lbs before I re-installed the ABS system. 50.5% front/49.5% rear without me in it. no AC, no PS. battery mounted in bin behind pass seat.

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
its worth what someone is willing to pay. It looks like it was done well, and very clean, but nothing too extreme - I'd say high 20's MAYBE low 30's to a knucklehead because you do have a lot of work done that I saw on your webpage. but high 20's IMO. Get Hinson to sell it for you? They probably have a better idea what its worth too.

But very nice LS1 swap - I am a huge fan of the them - good luck with the sale

·
Sooooooo JDM
1,220 Posts
Damn, you're within 10lbs of my LS1-FD :D

Be patient, wait for the right buyer. There is always someone out there looking for a clean, well executed swap. I would certainly classify yours in that category.

Ryan

·
Administrator
17,259 Posts
My "real world" vote is for $25k, but any fool would know that the car is technically worth more. Very well done! :bigthumb:

By the way, I would be willing to consider a trade for my Supra, which is currently for sale, as long as yours is a hardtop (it appears to be from the pictures I saw). Thanks. :)

·
Passion Driven
1,689 Posts
Any I've seen usually are up for low 20's if I recall correctly.

But considering the mods, paint job, and attention to detail, I'm going to have to agree with Steve T., I'd say $25k but that's because that's what I'd want to pay for it, which would be a "Good" price, but you could manage upwards if you held out for it.

I don't know about surpassing $30k only because of the unique swap. There are more and more "Casual" LS1-FD fans that would love the car but maybe can't swallow down $30k for a "Swapped Mazda" when that price reaches mint or newer sports cars. Other hardcore fans of the swap that have $30k to burn might want to do it their own way, however, so that leaves fewer and fewer big pocket buyers.

I also still consider 94/95 to have a premium over 93's, but you've corrected most of the 93's flaws.

When all is said and done, though, you have my FAVORITE dream car. Very nice.. :bowdown:

I believe you're local, too, didn't we talk through PM about this? I want to see it, would love a ride! Post some vid's! (That's becoming a broken record from me to Ls1-FD owners eh? lol) :sadance:

*Edit* I'm going to be at the palisades mall tonight... ;) ;) ha

·
Registered
790 Posts
$25k is a realistic expectation to get for it. I have bought and sold an LS1 swapped 3rd gen so know the market fairly well.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
PhoeniXDownVII said:
I believe you're local, too, didn't we talk through PM about this? I want to see it, would love a ride! Post some vid's! (That's becoming a broken record from me to Ls1-FD owners eh? lol) :sadance:
Yeah, we sent PM's a while back. i will autocross at etown on june 24 if you want a ride.
here are my vids:
http://207.127.219.37/videos.html

·
Passion Driven
1,689 Posts
2MCHPWR said:
Yeah, we sent PM's a while back. i will autocross at etown on june 24 if you want a ride.
here are my vids:
http://207.127.219.37/videos.html
All day? I'll be AutoX'ing my Mr2 up here in Orange County on sunday, you should come ;)

I have to help a friend paint in her new apartment but otherwise maybe I could make the trip down, never been there... :sadance:

On that Drag Vid at E-Town: what broke off? I can't tell what that is exactly, air/exhaust?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the Y pipe separated from the intermediate pipe (I) probably from the axle hop. easy fix. was just loud.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
not exactly. i mean if you keep stock seats, i'm 6'2 and i fit in fine. 200 lbs. but with a helmet, i have to really scrunch down; definitely not ideal. i have a sparco roadster seat that i'm going to try to fit in with some custom brackets. tall drivers must do that. i heard of a 6'5 guy driving one on the track and he did custom brackets too. i also heard the headliner takes up like 2-3 inches, so if you plan on tracking the car and removing the interior, that would also help tall guys. BRIDE sells a low max seat with low height brackets:

http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=448123&highlight=exas

here's another custom seat swap:
http://www.evanburkitt.us/RX7/Maintenance/Seat/seat.html

·
!black
4,622 Posts
I'm 6"2, but I'm just wide. Broad shoulders, thick thighs. My biggest problem with "small" cars is the steering wheel, usually can't get my thigh/knee to clear depending on how thick the seat is.

Sad that I've been around plenty FD's but never sat in one :lol:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts