Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started this early January this year, and worked on it here and there, whenever I had spare time. My car's a 94 Black/Black 6speed.

When I moved it for the last time under it's own power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ePwvtkelA8

Well, hope you guys have some extra time on your hands, this is goona take a while.

I replaced EVERY bushing, mount, and worn piece in this entire car from the top to the bottom with all Urathane parts or whatever TRD offered. In order to do this I stripped the entire car down to a bare subframe with the only thing left being the hatch and the doors. I built a .040 over motor with 9:1 Arias pistons, Grex rods, etc. I stitch welded the entire car and plan to add a Chromo cage down the road. Titan sways were also added.
The plan is to have a TIGHT street car and capable track car. Yes, the coilovers are Megans, and yes I like them (Better than the Tein CS' I took out actually).

Interior Before.

During.

After.

Motor before

During

Engine bay stripped and GRIMEY

Front Subframe, all nasty and dirty.

All taken apart

NAKED

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Cleaning time.

Trans before

Trans After

Subframe AFTER

Steering Rack AFTER, but before paint

Rear subframe out and dirty

Subframe all apart

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bushings all pressed out

aaaaand, new R2's pressed back in.

Engine bay scuffed and first step of prep complete.

Ground down and ready for welding

After welding the bay, this is the 1st coat of etching primer

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All primed. I used a full quart of high build primer and it turned out awesome.

Painted.

Little dusty already

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interior before

Interior after 5 hours of dry ice and hammering

Seam sealer removed and ground down.

Start of the stitch welding. This took 4 days, 3 tanks of shielding gas and 3 full spools of wire.... TOOONS OF WORK.

All etching primed.

AAAAND... back together

Steering rack bushings custom made

Front subframe all re-assembled....yes I polished my upper control arms.

Back in the car

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New use for old motor...

90K of abuse, 850whp and this what all 6 looked like. I LOVE THIS MOTOR

New motor

BC Springs and retainers.... We tested these against the stockers. At the same height the BC's had almost exactly double the seat pressure.

All put together. Don't mind my messy garage.

Engine wiring harness completely stripped and tucked.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Here she is almost done.... Runs good... real good. Exhaust and TONS of cleaning and I'll snap some REAL pictures.

EDIT:::: I also tucked the entire front body harness (Thanks to BRB426 for talking me into it, and doing most of it ;)). That included fusebox relocation. Battery was in the trunk last year already, but now it's even better. Now there's two wires visible in the entire bay... the A/C low pressure switch (which I re-wired through the tiny hole next to the strut tower) and the windshield wiper wires in the upper driverside corner. Everything else is relocated or deleted.

OH, I also polished my A/C lines :)

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I kinda cheated and put 5 months of work into a handfull of posts. Sometimes waiting for these builds to end just takes too much time :)

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Now thats dedication. Gotta respect Supra owners like yourself. Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks fellas. Its taken a long time and its still not done, but at least I can drive it around again.
I welded the whole car in hopes to stiffen it up when the roof is of. I welded the entire A pillar wherever I could and I think it worked well. 1st ride was topless and I didn't feel any cowl shake. The cage will eliminate what's left anyway :)

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
omg damn good build. And the paint/interior work is amazing! Looks awesome, now u better bring that bad boy to tx2k10!

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Very nice Alex!!!

You need to post pics of what this car used to be before your ownership, and the first transformation it went through. :)

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
It was launched this past week in Canada. We weren't missing much, trust me.
LOL... it's not THAT bad. Does give you heart burn though :(

Very nice Alex!!!

You need to post pics of what this car used to be before your ownership, and the first transformation it went through.

Let me see what I can dig up. She was something "else" before I got her lol

EDIT:::: Here we go. I found a pic. This is what it looked like when I first got her.

Outside when I got it a few years ago.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts