Supra Forums banner
21 - 40 of 174 Posts

·
Follow the white rabbit
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I did notice however I was getting idling issues and sputtering at 4k so I went ahead and eliminated the egr which cleared up the idle issues but I'm still getting the wot issues. I'm thinking maybe the 4 runner distributor cap? It wasn't doing this before its install?

·
Follow the white rabbit
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Ty. Yea a few bugs here and there. I need to iron these out before I switch to a ffim and my gte valve covers. I think I'm going to put this girl on a diet next and try to get her down to 3000 lbs or so. My hope is to run in the 10s with my setup.

·
Follow the white rabbit
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
550's come in on monday, removed the air filter in exchange for a wire screen and relocated th maf inline with the ic piping. Took a few mins to retune but it pulls throughout the power band, its at almost 100% duty cycle but thatll change wit3h the 550s.

Currently looking for a good coilover system around the $1000 mark. Something thats decent all around in terms of performance, was considering ksport, input?

·
Registered
244 Posts
I've heard mixed reviews on the Ksports. Why not go the old AGX shocks/lowering springs setup? As long as you dont need to adjust ride height they will be your best bang for buck suspension combo. My .02.
BTW, great build thread!

·
Follow the white rabbit
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I've heard mixed reviews on the Ksports. Why not go the old AGX shocks/lowering springs setup? As long as you dont need to adjust ride height they will be your best bang for buck suspension combo. My .02.
BTW, great build thread!
I would like to drop it maybe 1" i would think at most :-(.

550s just came in just waiting on the injector seals.

Lol ill see if i can find more of my wife, got married last week,had to lock that shit down lol.

·
OH YEEAH!!!
473 Posts
BRO! this build thread is sooooo SICK! congrats on your new bundle of joy :D, also nice way to use the minivan ;D hahaha i have the same van and also use to get big parts like you LOL! but bood luck with the build!

·
Registered
301 Posts
this is inspiration indeed considering i have the same year NA as you... i went with the aem stand alone, the car originally had the emanage and that thing was nothing but garbage imo. whoever installed it had no frickin idea what they were doing.

awesome thread!

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
Coming along very nice!!! Keep an eye on the temperature gauge this summer with the slim fans though...... I'd hold on to your stockers.

·
Follow the white rabbit
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I keep hearing I should but I hate the stock clutch fan sooooo much lol. If anything now that im starting my business and can write off car expenses I might just build a radiator as well as a radiator fan shroud and get a set of Zirgos and call it good.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Can't believe u find Time to work on the car with a new baby and all, I barley find time to even try to find parts for mine with work and everything ha , anyways glwb

·
Chasing the 1k Mark!
488 Posts
late congrats on the baby and the supra is looking good.

·
Registered
153 Posts
...I might just build a radiator as well as a radiator fan shroud and get a set of Zirgos and call it good.
Subscribed, nice work so far! Saw your cooling setup and thought I might commend because I built a fan/shroud setup twice and learned a couple important lessons. First of which is be careful if you drive in 100F heat, you might be fine in CO but my Mishimoto setup similar to yours (Mishi radiator, Zirgo fans, aluminum shroud) could not flow enough air in the Texas heat so I move on to the Powerhouse Racing shroud & Lexus IS fans and now it is nice and cool. The Lexus fans have a much more aggressive pitch to the blades, you can feel the air behind the car and the motors pull 9 and 11 amps each! I have 4-5 Zirgos laying around if you need more such as a pusher fan in-between the radiator and intercooler. I am not sure about the NA cars but the turbo ones need a cooling plate also because when the factory factory plastic pieces are removed for upgrades, hot air will move over the radiator and get re-circulated making your temps a bit higher than you might like. Keep up the good work!

21 - 40 of 174 Posts