Supra Forums banner
41 - 60 of 174 Posts

·
Follow the white rabbit
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 · (Edited)
hey thanks guys, i didnt know anyone was still looking at this thread!

****UPDATE****
The car stalled at a stop light and hasnt run properly since, im thinking the emanage is the problem.
the car wont hold a tune more than a few days before going ape shit and running like crap. sooooooo.

I placed my order at jdmenginedepot.com! my Aristo motor is on its way!

On top of that I just got my first welder! i ordered a everlast TIG! I have never been one to approqch a new subject lightly, i dive in on hard mode and pwn my way out lol. So i am going to be trying my hand at fabricating and getting the swap done before tx2k12!

i was also looking at a repaint on the mkiv, i have done a lot of looking and i want something very clean, professional and great looking.
i was either thinking the new white on the Z06, or the M5 Alpine white? leaning more towards alpine white? input/ other options?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I hope david dont mind me throwing up some pics....
Today was the first time i ever really got hands on with a cars motor so i was pretty excited. I managed to help do a few things but all i have to saw is FUCK THE BRAKE BOOSTER. That bolt thats hold the brace has a hidden bolt behind it and it was a PITA to get out. well here are a few pic. and ill post more as i get to help the project along as long as david is cool...

·
Follow the white rabbit
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
lol that brake booster was some bull shit. I appreciate your help man, you saved me a lot of time!

and yea for sure your welcome to come help out whenever, you have to get familiar with these motors if you want to get one of your own!

·
Registered
13 Posts
good build .. I would advise you to change you oil return however ..Your turbo wont be to happy having the oil exiting at that angle . Drain needs to be straight down +/- 5 degrees . having it that way will cause oil to back up and cause smoking . I know clearance is super tight but i Have the same manifold and you can make it work .. just a suggestion ..good work other wise !!

·
Registered
212 Posts
sick build bro and congrats on the wife and kid, also hope the aristo motor works out for you im planning on doing the same thing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
well you have a angled fitting coming off your turbo i have a straight fitting coming off of it and I grinded the fitting where it barely hits the t4 foot print . very little material needs to be removed ... Id rather do that then cause my turbo to smoke and cause premature failure .

·
Registered
240 Posts
kinda makes me sad you gave up on the na-t project lol. making me lose hope in na-t and just going tt. but looking good and cant wait for more updates

·
Follow the white rabbit
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Colorado! we must meet you! Good luck! Looks good!
Hey for sure! Just shot me a pm some time!

sick build bro and congrats on the wife and kid, also hope the aristo motor works out for you im planning on doing the same thing.
Ty! I appreciate it! Just be careful on who you go through for the motor, jdmenginedepot.com kinda screwed me on the warranty so I wouldn't recommend them.

well you have a angled fitting coming off your turbo i have a straight fitting coming off of it and I grinded the fitting where it barely hits the t4 foot print . very little material needs to be removed ... Id rather do that then cause my turbo to smoke and cause premature failure .
That makes me sad lol. I like the return line being exposed like that I think it looks awesome but I certainly don't want to burn through my turbo. I might pick up a straight fitting tomorrow.

kinda makes me sad you gave up on the na-t project lol. making me lose hope in na-t and just going tt. but looking good and cant wait for more updates
Only reason I went tt was because one of my rx7 550s went static and stuck open, therefore flooding the motor. That with the high mileage (198,000) motor I didn't want to continue pushing it. I loved the high compression and t61 combo, if you've never done it I would highly suggest it!

·
Follow the white rabbit
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 · (Edited)
Another update:::::

Forgot to add these a week ago.

the twins were a pain in the ass to get off and once I did I couldn't believe how small the exhaust ports so I did something about it!
The before.

The after, nothing major just a bit of a street/strip port and polish.
Being a turbo'ed car the exhaust flow is one of the most crucial parts.

Opened up each port by about 1/2 inch overall, as well as knife edged the separators to reduce exhaust turbulence.
This is not the final picture only about half way through, I forgot to take a final photo.

·
Follow the white rabbit
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
One of my good friends has the hook up on powder coating so I got my compressor housing done for free.99!
Water pump is on order from toyota and I'll start fabricating my catch can tomorrow.

·
Follow the white rabbit
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
looks good man
Thank You :biggrin:

Great build so far man, didn't expect u went tt instead of na-t:)
well luckly in the 1 year I've owned the car I have gotten to experience almost all of the setups, N/A, NA-T and now TT. Wish I could rock the BPU setup but one of the stockers was blown so i figured I would just go APU from the start lol.

If I had my way (Financially speaking) I would have stayed NA-T, gone AEM, ffim, a full rebuild and pushed E85 for the high compression and put a 71mm on it lol. But this should be fun as well.

·
Follow the white rabbit
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Got ahold of TT drive shaft today and output shaft flange thanks to the guys at Black Label Performance (thanks again!). Just need to replace the U joint. Next is filling the fluids and going for the initial start up.

Any tips on retorquing the crank pulley bolt?

·
97 HARD TOP
1,031 Posts
nice man glad you were able to find a driveshaft rather then having to wait for one to be built, lmk when you are getting ready to try and turn it over and ill head over there

41 - 60 of 174 Posts