Supra Forums banner

121 - 140 of 174 Posts

·
Follow the white rabbit
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
they fit just fine, the fronts only rub the inside plastic lining if I crank the wheel all the way to the right (my alignment is off with the steering wheel position which is why it rubs). other than that If i just fixed my steering rack it would be fine.

·
Registered
94 Supra TT
2,167 Posts
Nice build thread, I just finished going over it all. About that first turbo blowing its seals, did you ever get around to re-orienting the oil drain hose so that it's pointing straight down? I didn't see if you did or not, but that definitely would have caused that failure if you didn't. Hopefully it's straight on the new turbo. By the way, when the day comes that you do go to a built transmission, make sure to get a higher stall converter. You will see your launches improve drastically and that lag you're getting now will improve by a ton :)

·
Follow the white rabbit
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
The turbo lag? Yea my boost threshold is really high, like 4500rpm and I was hoping to bring that down a bit when cruising. The drain line i did end up angling back down. Its no big deal though I am extremely happy with the S366 now i just need to build a divided manifold and go to a 3.5" exhaust. did you ever run the built transmission while on the stock 3.0 or only after you went stroker?

·
Follow the white rabbit
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
I started repainting body panels and such and im having trouble with orange peel at this point (im assuming its because the surfaces are cold i.e. around 70+ degrees) would spraying lighter coats help this? Im not getting ANY runs but the orange peel is pretty bad.

·
Registered
94 Supra TT
2,167 Posts
Ah ok, cool. I did the whole build all at once, but the thing about the higher stall with regards to lag is if you get a high enough stall (eg. 3500+) then when you're lightly cruising or at a stop, then mash the pedal, the RPM's flash up to the stall speed and closes the gap to your boost threshold so you skip the really boggy part of your RPM band and get right into the fun-zone. The stroker helps me too there, but I think you'll see a tremendous improvement when launching. Throw in some anti-lag to build a bit of boost off the line and I think you'll see 11's with that s366 on kill mode.

·
Registered
905 Posts
The turbo lag? Yea my boost threshold is really high, like 4500rpm and I was hoping to bring that down a bit when cruising. The drain line i did end up angling back down. Its no big deal though I am extremely happy with the S366 now i just need to build a divided manifold and go to a 3.5" exhaust. did you ever run the built transmission while on the stock 3.0 or only after you went stroker?
Good...good lol.

·
Follow the white rabbit
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 · (Edited)
Its been a long time since an update, I recently ordered a new set of dome lights from everyone favorite auction site for less than about $3 shipped. Normally I wouldnt go for a china made knock off but at for less than cup of coffee I figured I could try it this time.

I also ordered some individual leds to take a shot at redoing the entire interior.

Here is a picture of the dome light on with the new leds. This was in absolute darkness in mt garage at midnight with ZERO lights on. Obviously the camera cant pick up how bright they actually are. They look much more up to date and clean!

they look identical to these.

·
Follow the white rabbit
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 · (Edited)
A few new updates.
I have been doing some interior clean up with converting everything to modern leds and getting the rest of the sensors for my Emanage.
I attended the fl2k13 event and put her on the Dyno!

Best numbers were 420rwhp and 397ftlbs at about 17 psi.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Looking good!

·
Registered
153 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Pretty wife pretty life :) great build, thoroughly enjoyed watching it come together. Those are good numbers man it will always be a work in progress and here's to hitting those ultimate power goals... beautiful car I like the LED conversion.

·
Follow the white rabbit
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 · (Edited)
Well in an attempt to fix the overly rich fueling at idle, I used a "base map" tune from a vendor in here and it flooded my motor. I spent a few weeks on and off trying to drain the fuel from the cylinders and bring compression back to normal. After the lock my numbers were about 60 psi at sea level for compression but I finally got it running again. i used some transmission fluid in each cylinder, I was told it scuffs the walls up but it worked. I got her idling the other night.

We have since moved back to Colorado however and now I need to fix my heater core so out with the dash! I also ordered some Rockford fosgate tweeters to replace to stock blown ones, I'm fixing any dash warping and tucking the engine harness as best as I can to clean up the engine bay.

Before

After

Please excuss the dirtiness. I havent had a chance to detial her in a few weeks.

121 - 140 of 174 Posts