Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I am almost done rebuilding my car. I thought I would list everything I have done to see waht you guys say before i actually put it all back together for good. Make sure I didnt leave anything out or anything...

So, starting out I was at 23x,xxx miles. Stock turbos still boost well. Clutch dead. Brakes worn. Radiator leak. O2 sensor out.

What I am doing...
I am rebuilding me engine, new oem pistons and internals. MMS is honing, blueprinting, balancing, decking, etc the block, and decking the head, and grinding the crank.
All new gaskets, oil pump, belts
Bought brand new rebult stock twin turbos with better bearings and ported exhaust housing (good for 21#s reliably, i dont plan on running that daily :) )
Bought 2nd stock BOV to do stock BOV mod
Max Air Box Intake
RMM DP
Apexi N1 3" exhaust
Greddy BCC
Apexi AVC-R
Apexi SAFC-II
3" FMIC with hard pipes
RPS Stage 3 clutch with sport plate
RPS LWFW
Fluidyne radiator
JUN cam gear (exhaust side)
Got some new bosch 02 sensors
Fuel dampner bypass mod
LOTS of wieght removal (a/c, seats, airbags, cruise, sound, trac, etc..) ~325lbs-ish

I think i will do the E-ttc mod, so i can switch when i want.

-> Should i do the 12v fuel mod?

-> Should I do the EGR removal mod?

-> And i was thinking of light wieght pulleys at all? Are there any good harmonically balanced crank pulleys? Is the cost/hp efficient?

I need to replace the brakes still, i havent even looked at them to see if the rotors are turnable... :p

Thanks for any input guys. Later, Ben

·
Very Senior Member
10,067 Posts
I really need a Cliff Notes version, but you need to fix important stuff like brakes long before you worry about a lot of that other stuff! :dunno:

·
Don't touch the watch.
314 Posts
VickSupra said:
I really need a Cliff Notes version, but you need to fix important stuff like brakes long before you worry about a lot of that other stuff! :dunno:
Agreed! You need to stop when your that powerful. My brakes are DEAD they need to be fixed soon.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input guys,

Yea the brakes will be done before the cars back on the road...

any input on anything else?

Michael, yea bro, ill hit you up on aim later tonight...

·
Registered
658 Posts
As long as your investing all the $ in a rebuilt engine and turbos I have changed my thinking regarding the stock BOV its a pos buy a HKS SSQV I amsure you are also replacing all the vac lines with silicone. I would also check all the sequential system the vsv go bad after a while David

·
SF's Cleanest
7,177 Posts
I would get another stock flywheel instead of the RPS, that's just me though.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the input :)

I have read about the chatter, etc, about the LWFWs, but I think I will give them the LWFW a try to see how it is on my car first. THe advanatges of having it are desirable, so I am hoping the downsides of it wont over wiegh the advantages.

I would love to get an AEM, but I dont really have anymore money to spend. THe electronics I have cost me only $550, vs what, $1500 for AEM, and then I need a wideband, etc, etc... Maybe one day...

Any input with my other questions up top (12v, egr, pulleys)?

cheers

·
Registered
129 Posts
get toyota oxygen sensors instead.
consider getting a racelogic traction control, it may save your supra's ass spinning someday especially when it rains.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
STSleeper94 said:
Get rid of the BCC and safc - II with the money you are putting in the motor do the electronics right and get a aem ems. That is my only suggestion.
The only "right" way to do the electronics is the stock computer with no piggybacks. The stock computer has the least amount of BS out of all the computers I've seen out there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts