Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
SupraMadic
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I figure i post pics of my incomplete engine because i might do a different set up. Its been a long journey and still trying to figure some things out, i thought i share some pics with you guys. Please feel free to ask any questions :)

·
SupraMadic
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^ Yes, that is vvti block. I canned the vvti and stuck in a 93 cam and im running aem, so i don't need the maf :)

·
SupraMadic
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Mod list i will give you a portion.. don't feel like typing all night =P

Sp63
Hks wastegate
Custom downpipe
680cc injs
255 walboro
Custom ic pipings
Ebay fmic
Hks 2mm hg
Arp studs
Unorodox Cams
Greddy pulleys
Hks mega flow
Custom fuel rail
AAp dual fan
Aem ems
3.5 bar sensor

Everything was polished from yours truely ChamPazn Pm if your interested =P in having your engine look bling!!

etc..

·
Registered
951 Posts
ChamPazn said:
^ Yes, that is vvti block. I canned the vvti and stuck in a 93 cam and im running aem, so i don't need the maf :)
good idea. can't wait to install my AEM. still breakin in my clutch and trying to save for dyno time

·
Addicted to Boost
315 Posts
i think you can just go AEM, and get the coilpack set up off an older 7m or something. Not sure how it works, but you dont need the vvti head to go distributorless. If you really are interested in it talk to whiteblazze. he is going with a similar setup to what your thinking of.

·
SupraMadic
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sp63 is great man very nice street turbo =P . I got full boost at around 3,500.

thanks for the compliements still some work to be done :) . When i get everything in order ill keep you guys posted with numbers.

·
11,221 Posts
wunmagikalpinoy said:
what are you boosting and do the tires break loose when you hit boost?
I have semi same setup. Car looses traction easily in 2nd and 3rd gear when I was on Nitto tires. On the BFG's it seem to held fine.

I still only pull in the middle lane though ;) .

·
Over Medicated
2,718 Posts
PSiedSC300 said:
so if i bought a VVTi head for my NA, and used the non VVTi cams, i could be distributorless? with AEM of course...
You will still need to figure out someway to get cam position. The VVTi head has a cam position sensor already mounted on it. The AEM only needs one pickup for cam position to work. You'll also need a crank angle sensor. All 96 and up, OBDII cars have a crank angle sensor already also.

ChamPazn- I hope the 93 cam you bought is from a TT because The NA cams don't have the pickups for cam position on them.

·
SupraMadic
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Kbprice - the cam is from a 93 n/a and i didn't seem to have any problem with it when i was running the aem as piggyback. Now its set for standalone and have to do some adjustments etc.. ill keep you posted.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts