Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· trubo spura
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's not a Supra I know. But I love Toyotas and don't have the money to get a Supra yet. I also love two doors so this is my toy until then.

It's a 1999 3.0L V6 5spd black on black leather. I've seen one other black on black leather V6 5spd, and it was an 02 that's it, it's a pretty rare combo for the car. IT has small mods so far, but I'm trying to keep cost down on it to save for my beloved Supra, although there is much more to come. It's my third 3 liter 6 cylinder Toyota, I think I'm destined for life.

Hosted most of them off cardomain because my photobucket was fuckin up big time.

The reason the above shots are from the same angle. Hydroplaned on 95 at 55mph, I'm luckier than a lottery winner that this was the only damage.

That's right, in a Solara. Note the fabbed firewall to pass tech at Moroso? Those bastards.

The engine bay looks much better than this now, with cleaner wiring for the Solenoids now mounted on the heat shield, and the addition of a TRD strut bar to replace the ugly stock one. And for the record, it's a bitch to work on transverse mounted V6's.

So yeah, it's at an in between stage right now, and I need to worry about a new clutch and fixing that bumper before anything else. But I figured I'd share because many people I come across have never seen a modified Solara. Hope you like it.

-chris

· Registered
3,883 Posts
Pretty neat for a dd. Mine's a whole lot worse.

· trubo spura
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
N2fishin said:
Those Solara look great with TRD bodykit. But then again, it's base on the 1st generation SC from Lexus so it have to look good. Now all you need is slap on TRD super charger and you're set. :)
Those are few and far between. When you find them they almost always are missing some instal parts which aren't made anymore and can hardly ever be found, namely the idler assembly and the EGR tube for the 5spd. The pistons are a weak point in the 1MZ anyhow, and without building internals (which doens't fall into my under 15k project category) the pulley can be changed out to about 1 size down from the stock 3.2" 4psi pulley to a 5.5 psi pulley before you start to risk engine trouble. Also, the supporting fuel upgrade mods and other mods to make the supercharger really shine just aren't worth it for what I'm doing at the time. That being said there are some cars making 250-300 front whp with the SC, and proper mods, and a few making well over 300 with built internals and I respect them very much, no one expects that out of a Solara.

What up Sleeper, and thanks for the comments everyone else. Especially since ya'll have way more sick rides than myself :bigthumb:

-chris

· 2JZ Mk2
1,396 Posts
I remember having one of those :D

My old 5spd '00 Solara with the stage 3 TRD kit. It was an OK car, I like the GTO I have now much better. The wheels sucked though. They must have been straightened at least 20+ times.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.