Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got into an accident last Friday afternoon. It was raining something fierce, even hailing, and my car hydroplaned going downhill on a slight curve. The rear end slid all over and I couldnt straighten it back out. My front left hit the rear left of a Honda Odyssey going the opposite direction. Here are some pics of the damage:

Basically my plan is to repair the damage as best I can. The front bumper, driver's fender, headlight assembly, corner marker, and side marker are all obviously in need of replacement. If anyone has anything to chime in, I would be very appreciative, as I'm not sure what else might be in need of replacement. The supports for the bumper are all out of whack, and the fender is tweaked to where I need to pull it out so I can open the door.

·
JZA70 or go home!!
2,495 Posts
easily repaired. its just a pain in the arse when it happens

btw wheres the avatar of that girl?

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,084 Posts
It doesn't look like the suspension, inner fenders or radiator support got bent (from the pics) so yeah it'll be a pretty easy fix. Everything I see is bolt-on stuff. Pull the bumper cover and fender then see how the underside looks.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Robbie,

I got your back like a brother from another mother...

dont worry, we will get her looking better then before! :)

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
i guess you got lucky it wasn't THAT bad.. ur hood looks fine, so do ur rims.. everything else i'm sure u can find cheap at a junkyard

·
Stormcock approves
1,859 Posts
You definitely lucked out on the damage. Could have been a lot worse.

On a side note, how big was the hail? I get this feeling I'm the only Supra owner with massive hail damage :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
7M-GTE+Corona said:
Robbie,

I got your back like a brother from another mother...

dont worry, we will get her looking better then before! :)
Damn man that sucks! Been a while since i've talked to you Rob!

I'd be up for helping you and 7MGTE+Corona fix her up if you need an extra hand....I'm alittle ways away but could drive up and give an extra hand! LMK!

Later
Brandon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks to everyone who has responded.

Me and a buddy just worked a little on the car, we managed to get the bumper mostly into place and secured so it doesn't touch the wheel at full lock. The fender is still pretty bad but I pulled it out near the door because it would not open before. My friend had an old Supra bra so we threw that on there too. As of right now it looks somewhat acceptable :)

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I can help you fix that, I've done that exact repair before. PM me and I can help you out.

·
Registered
45 Posts
duct tape is just sinking down to a domestic level.... this friend of mine wrecked his gay-ass dodge stealth and taped it up. lol..... i haven't had a laugh like that in a long time

·
Savage Member
1,033 Posts
Hmmmmmmmm.. RoBBIE!!!!! Your car... I remember when it was hailing... I was driving my celica and ppowerr sliding all over the place. Sucks that your car got smashed up. How was the damage to the Odyssey? Insurance going to rape you?

If you go over to Eddies house, I'm not sure I can offer a lot of help for body work, but I can lend some support and bring some pizza.

Yes eddie, I said pizza.

However, I can't give out free pizza anymore, but I can take it with me when I get off work/or go in and make it.

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
noo, thats one of my favorite supras out there. one of your pics is saved in a folder where I keep all of my tax information, gives me soemthing to smile at when I see the money I have to pay... :( sorry for the luck, good news is it looks like an easy fix. GL

-Ian

·
I have auto ADD.
4,567 Posts
That sucks man. I'm sure you can find those parts for cheap off of a donor car. The paint is whats going to be expensive.

·
SF Zombie hunter
2,557 Posts
go to the local wrecker and find a fender that is the same color, u need a bumper too which is not too expansive. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts