Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After the very first sighting of a MKIV in a car magazine back in 1994 I knew one day I would have one of these babies in my possession. I have a long list of dream cars and the Supra was the first to get crossed off the list as now belonging in the reality list and not the dream list.

Firstly I live in Perth, Australia. Good clean MKIV's seemed hard to find in my home town so I began reading on the Aussie Supraforums about other cars for sale in the Eastern States. I finally found a well cared for example that had a bodykit, 18" wheels, FMIC, Exhaust and a custom leather seat retrim. The car was otherwise pretty standard all except for the blue LED conversion of all lights on the interior which was a mod I had always wanted. So this is how the was looking when I drove it back from Melbourne (a nice 3500km trip across the Nullabor Desert).

Now it did take me a while to get my car after I started looking for a Supra, so I did have a nice little collection of goodies waiting when I got it back home. These included: TRD Speedo, TRD Tacho, new gear knob, new gear shift boot, new parkbrake, clear side indicators, trd panel filter, V160 gearbox fluid, TRD oil cap, HID headlights. These pretty much went on the car within one or two days and really made it a nicer place to be inside especially.

It wasnt long tho before I got sick of the scratched up rubbery coated dash. So I got stuck into it and took the rubber off and painted the dash with a can of spray from my local auto parts place in a colour they dub; tungsten.

De-rubbered:

Painted:

I was pretty damn happy with how the car looked inside now. Time for some outside work. First up was the yellowing headlights. Ripped em out, pulled the lens off, buffed it up and painted the inside a dark metallic grey and they came out pretty good I think.

I was quite content with how the car was now looking and just enjoyed the power and looks of a damn fine car.

Other little parts were replaced for new or upgraded such as a PWR radiator. I developed a bit of a need for a tiny bit more power (as we all do) and had a Greddy Profec B which I cannot recommend to anyone. I found it needed constant tweaking on a day to day basis if the temperature of the day was differing and really wasnt holding boost nicely so I grabbed a Turbosmart Eboost2. I already had an Apexi PowerFC lying around so I had both installed and tuned bringing power up to 330rwhp at 15psi.

The car was running nicely and I now turned my attention to a new set of rims and tyres. I grabbed a set of Volk GT-V with a black centre. To say Im pleased with the new look is a massive understatement. At the same time I ordered a set of late model headlights to really bring the car up to date.

Some small additions were Titan Motorsport cam gears, HKS DLI, Greddy oil filter relocation kit and Cusco brake stopper. Small things just put in for the heck of it really as most do bugger all when at this power level.

I turned my attention back to the interior and decided it was gauge loving time. So in went an AEM AFR, Defi Blue Racer Oil Press and Oil Temp. I also installed some chrome rings from a GB on the Aussie forums to go around the ignition, cigarette lighter, fan vents and side mirror adjustor.

Where to from here? I have a new complete bodykit waiting to be put on and a nice fresh coat of 202 Black might be in order as well. The clutch is showing signs of death so something along the lines of an RPS Stage 2 clutch will be going in. Im still deciding on whether to grab a set of US Turbos or go single to the tune of a TO4Z or similiar.

Now let's get to some videos:
Tame fly by
Basically standard dyno run, no EBC
Shortcourse Action
Onboard Camera testing
Bit of fun with the exhaust off
The new gauges
More gauges

·
Ninja
952 Posts
i just got to school, but god damn! i want your car.

·
Boost Junkie
12,431 Posts
Sweet car. Congrats!

Steve

·
Ninja
952 Posts
lol i just realised one of ur older pics has been the background on my myspace for a few weeks.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Thanks for the comments all, cant wait to get the new bodykit on (once I get a new clutch).

I painted the headlights not long after I got the car and waited almost a full year before updating to new headlights. So the painting and cleaning of the old headlights was just to fill the gap until I purchased new ones.

And yep the tags are for the SR-71A Blackbird. This was always an aircraft I loved as a kid. Nothing else is like that sleek black missile of a plane, just like a black MKIV :D

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Very nice! I like the LEDs and although I'm not a fan of silver, the dash paint job looks good too. I'm not sure if I would dare to drive an unknown supra for 2200 miles across a desert though...

·
Registered
213 Posts
Thats a nice ass car dude.. i especially like the interior. Got the same headunit as i have in my celica.. its a good headunit, have had it 3+ years and still running good.

Also really like the time lapsed photo.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts