Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 236 Posts

·
Shiney bits
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys and Girls
I thought id share my project with you all. its been ongoing since november now and today I finally got the engine and box in.

Ill let the pics do the talking. Ive taken loads so ill have to do this in 2 hits.
ENJOY.

More to follow shortly...........

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Loose that hood, and take a look at the new hks cam gears. I always wondered how white engine covers would look, imo it's very tasteful. What are some of the spec of this build?

·
Shiney bits
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Just off the top of my head what I have or have done so far.

engine

SBA Tuning rebuilt short block
SBA Tuning ported and polished head
PHR oil pump
New Toyota water pump
ARP head studs
ARP main bolts
ARP rod bolts
Stock oil cooler removed
External oil cooler with thermostaticlly controller sandwich plate
SBA Tuning Modified water system.
TTC billet shock bar
TTC billet tensioner pulley
lightened aux pulleys
Titan crank pulley
A/C removed.
SBA Tuning custom top water neck
Greddy Upper water pipe.
veilside plenum
veilside TB
Veilside fuel rail
1600 RC injectors
GT4276 Turbo
Whifbitz manifold
aeromotive FPR
alloy rad
PHR twin fans
greddy 4 row intercooler
-8an fuel lines
Bosch 044 fuel pump
Co2 intercooler spray.
6 speed getrag box
Ogura Twin plate clutch
short shifter
Solid shift bushes.

Exterior.
TRD widebody kit.4
Iforge extreme lip split rims 19 x12 rears 19 x 10 fronts
TRD carbon blade spoiler
carbon deck spoiler
Seibon carbon hood

Interior
Recaro front seats retrimmed in raven leather
painted dash
defi 80mm boost gauge
defi BF oil pressure
defi BF oil temp
defi EGT
defi water temp
defi fuel pressure
AEM wideband
Dash2 digital dashboard
Fusebox relocated from engine bay to glovebox
Cusco rollcage
tein rear strut brace

Ill do a full spec list once I get my head around it all haha.

Oh and the bonnets staying I love it.

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
I don't mean to rain on your parade,but I can never understand why would anyone go to the extent of pulling a motor,spening big $$$ on nice parts and yet get sloppy work trying to paint the car/engine bay. It only takes few more hours or removing and installing the wiring harness,brake lines,subframe bolts,brackets,e.t.c. Motor looks great,but painted wiring,brake lines,booster,e.t.s is horrendous .

I just painted engine bay on MKIV that belongs to fellow SF member, car is far from a show car and nothing special at all and I still pulled as much as I could without going overboard,staying within his budget and yet managed to make it look like the car was copper from factory

BTW, I agree with MrWally.

Stefan

·
Shiney bits
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't mean to rain on your parade,but I can never understand why would anyone go to the extent of pulling a motor,spening big $$$ on nice parts and yet get sloppy work trying to paint the car/engine bay. It only takes few more hours or removing and installing the wiring harness,brake lines,subframe bolts,brackets,e.t.c. Motor looks great,but painted wiring,brake lines,booster,e.t.s is horrendous .

I just painted engine bay on MKIV that belongs to fellow SF member, car is far from a show car and nothing special at all and I still pulled as much as I could without going overboard,staying within his budget and yet managed to make it look like the car was copper from factory

BTW, I agree with MrWally.

Stefan

Dont worry you havnt rained on anything. Im proud of my build, every part I did myself without help from anyone. Everyone has an opinion. Just for the record the wiring what has paint on wont be seem, I wanted the brake, lines white the paint in the engine bay is a very nice finish and the pics dont do it justice, finally the car hasnt been painted yet.
Horrendous you say, I think not but like I said everyone ha an opinion.

Congratulations on painting the fellow members car im sure you did a beautiful job.

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
Stefan - I think it was done on purpose, judging by the white FPR, white intake mani runners, white EVERYTHING, lol.

Looks good, it looks like you have a carbon flare over your rear widebody quarters, or am I seeing things? More pics of the widebody!! Good stuff!

·
Shiney bits
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Stefan - I think it was done on purpose, judging by the white FPR, white intake mani runners, white EVERYTHING, lol.

Looks good, it looks like you have a carbon flare over your rear widebody quarters, or am I seeing things? More pics of the widebody!! Good stuff!
The rear arches arnt fitted yet mate. I've flared the rear quarters to account for the wider rear wheels. The black is underseal. I thought it best to underseal it all before I fitted the widebody arches. Best be safe than sorry.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I want one!!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Great looking build so far.
Its always more satisfying when it all your own work.
Can not wait to see the wide body kit when its done.
Keep up the good work.

1 - 20 of 236 Posts