Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was on my home from eating korean bbq and I saw some headlights coming fast. As it comes a little closer, I notice a FMIC on a cobra. I don't know what year it was but it definitely looked like an 03. You can tell he was a sleeper caus' he covered the intercooler with a grill. Anyways, he rolls passed me in the fast lane and I notice his loud ass exhaust with red "cobra" inserts on his bumper. He revs about 3 times next to me (and to let you guys know again, literally hurt my ears) and someone in the back put his hand out the window with a thumbs DOWN???:1poke:

So then I get a little pissed off that these guys think they can smoke me and obviously, they dont like supras. :nono: So I take my time getting next to them and take off to let them know who daddy was. :wavey: I can see in their face expressions that they were a little intimidated. So I slow down and get next to them and give them the "3" fingers. They knew what was about to go down so he starts the 3 honks. We are going about 60mph, I am in 3rd gear, I can't hear my car caus' his supercharger/exhaust is so damn loud, and we're off! By the end of 3rd gear, he was at my rear quater, by the end of 4th he was about 1.5 cars back and I let off. He gets next to me and obviouslythe first thing he asks is, "are you twin turbo." I yell out single and they have the nod on their head(Damn, no wonder he smoked my ass). Then for some reason they give me a peace sign? and said damn nice car?? What happened to the thumbs down???? :1poke: We exchanged words and I exited since I was 2 exits behind. Just feels good to put them in their place. I don't like the haters out there...

My mods:
BL67DBB kit w/ .68 a/r
stock fuel
HKS carbon Ti
Blitz FMIC
HKS ssbov
MAP ecu

His mods: (from what I can tell)
exhaust
FMIC
smaller pulley(you can hear the damn thing ROAR)
Maybe even intake, headers, bla bla bla. I dont know.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FMIC on an eaton type blower? Maybe it was an upgraded heat exchanger.

Nice kill!
I have no clue, youre talkin' to a guy that knows nothing about domestics. Looked like an intercooler? You're probably right.. thanks man..

nice kill. at what boost were you running?
I am currently running 17.5psi. Thats at 4th gear. 3rd gear was almost 17psi.

Very Nice! I may be going up north soon, hopefully I can run a well modded cobra to make the drive more pleasureable!
thanks man. What city are you going to? I wouldn't mind getting smoked by you! haha.
Good kill! At least they were cool after the initial thumbs down. Way to shut them up.
thanks, it really made my down..

·
Registered
635 Posts
I had an 04 svt cobra...its most likely a BPU......Smaller pulley, CAI, exhaust, who knows he might of had a ported blower too.....If i had to guess he was making anywhere from 475-515 rwhp.....
here is some pics of my ex baby...

·
<.>
343 Posts

·
Banned
1,984 Posts
how much power are you making on stock fuel at 16-17 lbs?

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I had an 04 svt cobra...its most likely a BPU......Smaller pulley, CAI, exhaust, who knows he might of had a ported blower too.....If i had to guess he was making anywhere from 475-515 rwhp.....
here is some pics of my ex baby...
Are those wheels polished or chromed ones? I have a torch red one too, I didnt think they would look that great on shiny wheels but those are nice.

·
Working OT
4,193 Posts
I've seen alot of cobra owners that just think they can't be beat. I can't imagine giving anyone a thumbs down though ( even though this was a passenger )

1 - 20 of 26 Posts