Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
King of the Jungle
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother's turbo AE86, him at the wheel.

And more...

This car is crazy fun to drive/ride in. It was garage kept, 1 owner when we found it 2 years ago in Spokane, WA. He pulled the tired old 4age and dropped in an AE92 4agze which was super fun. Then he yanked the gaudy old supercharger off and put the turbo goods in (t25 turbo from an S13 red top, nothing fancy). Car is super with more mods on his list.

All taken with a Canon 20d and either a Canon 10-22mm or Canon 17-86mm IS. (minus the last which was a Canon 70-210mm). All are unaltered and only resized in PS for easy viewing online (minus the 70-210 shot which had minor gaussian blur added since that lens does not have as nice of bokeh/DOF as my old Canon 70-200 2.8). Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
What years were these cars made? What are the engine choices available for swaps? And is it a relatively cheap project car? This has peaked my interest a bit, but I know didily squat about these cars.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Whatever said:
What years were these cars made? What are the engine choices available for swaps? And is it a relatively cheap project car? This has peaked my interest a bit, but I know didily squat about these cars.
84-87.

engine swaps: any 4A series engine will be almost a direct bolt in. 16v largeports/smallports/high-comp/low-comp engines from either AE86s or AE92s. then there's the GZE swaps from either an AW11 MR2 or JDM AE92s. then there's the silver/black top 20v swaps from AE101s and 111s. i've seen 3SGTE, 2JZ, 1JZ, SR20, and F20C swaps as well. it all depends on the money you're willing to spend.

they aren't cheap, generally. OEM parts cost an arm and a leg and most replacement aftermarket parts are garbage, so OEM is the only way to go. and buying one that's in decent shape enough for a swap without needing any preliminary work will probably run you anywhere from $4-8 grand (canadian dollars, that is)

·
King of the Jungle
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the comments guys. The car makes 208whp/206wtq at 14.7psi (1bar), limited to a 1 bar MAP sensor. He will increase it to ~20psi with a new MAP sensor in the near future. It weighs just about 2100lbs. It has a KAAZ 2 way LSD, ACT clutch, Tokico coilovers in front, TRD springs in the rear, and tons of other little stuff. Has second set of wheels and tires too. Amazingly, the wheels/tires on it in the pictures are only 14's!

Tossr's right, it is near impossible to find these in good condition anymore that does not cost an arm and a leg...and it will really suck after F&F3 comes out lol. But sometimes you can get lucky.

·
King of the Jungle
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Boon said:
i like how in the first pic, hes reving to almost 4k but not going anywhere
Good eye! The speedo is inoperable. We were doing about 25mph in that shot.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Whatever said:
Theres one on Ebay with ITB's on the engine. It's in Canada too...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AE86...16QQihZ002QQcategoryZ6445QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
that car has a 20v Silvertop out of a JDM FWD AE101 Corolla. i actually know the guy who owns that car. i bought my Supra rims off him. he built that car up from stock to the condition you see in the auction in 3 months.

both the black and silvertop 20v engines have ITBs from the factory. you can even get setups for ITBs on the 16v engines.

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
please just call it a corolla.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Makes me wish I had kept mine many years ago. I had the exact same car, same color, and a hatchback. I uprgraded to a mk3 supra, but I still miss my GTS.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
suprabwoy said:
Makes me wish I had kept mine many years ago. I had the exact same car, same color, and a hatchback. I uprgraded to a mk3 supra, but I still miss my GTS.
Oooh, should've kept the GTS IMO :ugh2:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts