Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's the best way I can explain the problem. It doesn't happen all the time. Some days it may do it a lot. Some days it may not even do it once. It feels like the engine completely looses power for 1/4 second. It'll happen at ANY RPM. It's not plugs as I've changed them out numerous times and gapped them correctly. It's not coilpacks because that's what I was earlier led to believe the problem was, so I changed them all out and the problem wasn't fixed. I've been having this problem ever since I bought the car in March. If anyone has some suggestions, let me know.

Brandon

·
Registered
182 Posts
Do you have a BCC? Almost sounds like fuel cut.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not fuel cut. It happened when the car was 100% stock.
It also doesn't only happen when I try and boost. Like I said, when it happens, it will do it at any throttle position and any RPM. That's why it's not easy to figure out WTF the problem is.

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
Midnight Hour said:
It's not fuel cut. It happened when the car was 100% stock.
It also doesn't only happen when I try and boost. Like I said, when it happens, it will do it at any throttle position and any RPM. That's why it's not easy to figure out WTF the problem is.
Does it throw any codes when this occurs?

·
DONT HASSLE THE HOFF
893 Posts
Possible your throttle position sensor is out of calibration or just bad, that may cause like symptoms. Won't hurt to check.

·
Registered
448 Posts
check the connectors on the coilpacks they get old and harden up to the brittle point and if one of the wires comes loose for a second you will have the same symptom

·
Registered
96 Posts
hey have you checked to see if it is only under higher boost levels? It could be spark blowout. if the plugs are not gapped down to teh correct gap for your level of boost the intake pressure will blow teh spark out. check the plugs.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,400 Posts
this may sound stupid...but check your battery connection...my friends old 3kgt would do the same thing, and we could not figure out what in the world was wrong. we would be driving and it would just cut, like the car turned off then come back on...one day we pulled over to try and see what was wrong, and i noticed the connection to the battery was loose! the battery cable would jump off and then back on!

like i said...most likely not what youre talking about...but just dying and bucking like a bull...sounds exactly like what happened to us. good luck figuring it out.

Mark

·
Banned
942 Posts
Sounds like fuel cut to me. You may have a defective turbo pressure sensor. It sits on the passenger side of your intake manifold. Try disconnecting the electrical connector to it and see if it happens again.

Also, if your BOV isn't opening, you will get a buck when you let off the throttle.

Just some thoughts.

Take care,
Chris.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Another thing I forgot to say ....it's not only under high boost. It does it under both vacuum and boost at any throttle position, at any RPM, at any engine temperature. It's not a very picky problem, and I wish it were so I could pinpoint it easier. :(

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
Hmm...wish I could help! I get a similiar problem, however, mine is particular. Only happens when:

Basically off throttle (~0-5%) on decel, when in gear say..between 2-3k rpms. But, if I throw it in neutal....it goes away..hmmmmmm............

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
Hmm...wish I could help! I get a similiar problem, however, mine is particular. Only happens when:

Basically off throttle (~0-5%) on decel, when in gear say..between 2-3k rpms. But, if I throw it in neutal....it goes away..hmmmmmm............

M

·
0 Posts
I have experienced that bucking and loss of power but it only happens when my boost surpasses 220kpa, my tech 3 ems does that so I dont overboost on pump gas. Strange that it happens to you under all driving conditions. Someone mentioned the turbo pressure sensor, sounds appropiate to look into that.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts