Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my car finally runs... pics & video.

well i finally got the car started and running. took some work and a few bad scares but shes home. we put it outside at school and as soon as i turned it over fuel was spraying everywhere. so lucky for me my friend gose to the same school, he made me the proper washers i needed for the line. put them on and away we went. Then we tried and treied to get it timed but just could not get it right. so we set it up so i could get her home, so i head to the gas station and as i get there i hear a tapping noise, (just like what it did before with the turned crank bearing. motor had 15KMS) so i figured i would take it home. I look over a few things and started to think it might be the powerstreeing belt. (wrong belt on it) sure enoff it came apart on the highway. turned out it was the noise. So i just showed a buddy out here the car and we are going to tune it right friday. we found a leak in the plastic intake manifold. (why we couldn't time it at school) and she sounds some mean with the flowmaster 40 series on there. iam back to lovin the supra. washed her up right nice today as well. gatta get her ready to go to speedsport saterday morn. Anyway will have video of her tomorrow afternoon. sound wise. gatta pamper this new motor till its brokin in. I Build the holl thing myself, so now i get to see how good iam...lol.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah. i mean the pipe that runs from the TB down to the airfilter. I just call it the palstic part of the intake manifold. its ganna be metal soon, but i just need to get it running first. lol.

·
Registered
339 Posts
glad to her another 7M up :D,

and did you say Flow masters on a Supra? :S

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, good old flowmaster 40 series. i will have a small sound clip later tonight. and a few pics of the car. it sounds really nice. real deep and solid sounding. In my mined on of the best N/A sounding supras. but i still don't have the header i payed for... (Thegonz420 please send me a massege on whats going on. ive sent 3 messages and still no anwser....) ANYWAY, i still only have heard it up to 3000RPM, just becouse its a new motor. and iam breking it in. but at idle and putting around it really turns heads, and it still has a small leak around the cat. And people say it sound really nice. Anyway enoff about that. i will put some clips up, and let me know what you thing good, bad, or whatever.. just want to know what you (rest of the supra guys) think of how it sounds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts