Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Now...Whitesupra94
3,498 Posts
At the very least I'd probably change the oil, and maybe give it a few cranks without starting it to get things circulating a bit.

Some people may recommend changing all fluids?

· Banned
1,400 Posts
At the very least I'd probably change the oil, and maybe give it a few cranks without starting it to get things circulating a bit.

Some people may recommend changing all fluids?
Pull the plugs and squirt oil into the cylinders to lubricate the rings. Pull the EFI fuses and give it a good 10 seconds of crank to build oil pressure.
I agree with both above. I have always put a teaspoon of oil into the cylinders if i knew the car wasn't gonna be started for a while. And i always add another once the car was finallly ready to be started again. It is an old school thing my father has done with all his classics since i can remember. But be sure to crank it for a bit without allowing it to actually start to build pressure and get oil up to the head before you get in doing some major rpms. Plus depending on how much fuel was left in the tank, you may want to either drain and fill it, or just top it off with some new fuel.

· Banned
3,376 Posts
+1 on the above... Just make sure your don't jump in, crank it up, and drive the piss out of it...

· Blood for Blood
9,923 Posts
sitting for a year? ummm check the gas tank.. is there gas in it? did you put staybull in it? drain the tank and lines and new fuel filer and new gas and then start it... All the above about oil is dead on too...

· Anthracite Club
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys for all the help... I have owned at least one supra for the past 10 years... I have just never had one sit for this long :(

my main concern was about the gas, it has been sitting with probably a gallon in there for the past year.

· Now...Whitesupra94
3,498 Posts
thanks guys for all the help... I have owned at least one supra for the past 10 years... I have just never had one sit for this long :(

my main concern was about the gas, it has been sitting with probably a gallon in there for the past year.

How have you been man, and why havn't you been driving it?

Have I talked to you since I got my single turbo 6spd MKIV?

· Banned
191 Posts
If you didn't put stabil in it, just go to the parts store and get some stuff for the gas that removes the any condensation/water from it. It is usually called dry gas. I had to do this when I swapped my SC and didn't drive it for about 1.5 years. I put this in and it was good to go.

· Registered
3,131 Posts

It'll be fine. Even the gas in the tank will probably be fine, but if you top off the tank it will almost certainly be good to go. I'd drive it for 30-45 minutes, then change the oil and not give it another thought. I've routinely let vehicles sit for months at a time and never any issues. According to my experience, the conventional fears about letting vehicles sit are way overblown.

· Anthracite Club
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How have you been man, and why havn't you been driving it?

Have I talked to you since I got my single turbo 6spd MKIV?

yea i think so... this is the one you put the leather seat covers in right ?

anyways been really good... just bought a house in march 08, got married in august 08, found out we were having a baby in nov 08 so not much time for supra love until now, lol (trying to squeeze in b4 baby arrives)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.