Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today is the first official day (in the morning at least) that my car has been 100% operational. Little speeding here and there, little traction loss around thouse oh so irrisistable corners and little bit of enjoyment. Just like i wish it always would be. Well my good day is about to turn to shit. I left something in the trunk of my friends car, and went to pick it up. Got there chilled a lil and than decided to leave. Some guy comes up to me and sais "Hey are you thinking of selling her?" Yeah i said, 2k. The kid smiled and started blabing on about how he needs a car and was about to buy an integra. We talked a lil i told him some specs..... and he asked for a ride. Shure lets go i said. Thinking my car is ready to show off, i give it a lil more than i normaly do.... pulled out of the driveway about half a mile down i see open road, no cars, alas the opportunity. So i hit it. 3rd gear 3k, 4k, 5k, ... CLUNK! tranny makes a funny noise, i let off.... foot on clutch, all i felt was the pedal hitting the floor, just like my heart sank right there and than, RIGHT in front of a buyer my car broke. I kept it cool. Pulled over looked into it... ok slave cylinder is leaking.... ???? check the master check hoses and lines.... nothing... i pump the pedal, break fluid is coming out of the inspection plates.... WTF!??? oh well, i took off that handy dandy little thing and proceeded to analyze whats wrong.... ended up, my clutch fork fell out.... HOW WTF !? i wasnt going to figure out what happened right there and than i just needed to fix it. QUICKLY!.... so we walked back to his car and drove it to mine, i didnt have a jack on me, so i borrowed his. In a few short but yet such LONG minutes i poped it back in put everything back inside... BAM she is ready to go. The kid asked if he could drop off his car so he doesent have to leave it on the side of the road.... Shure i said. We got to his place and off i was again. This time i had to put on a lil show to convince him that this car was no joke or just a pile of scap. I floored it on one corner... handled like a MIRACLE! Its as if god him self has reached down and was playing Tokyo Drift with my car. Now confident that my car can impress i do it again. This time careless mistake i brought the rpms to 5k + ... i recovered from the traction loss but as soon as i put my foot on the clutch pedal my heart sunk again. The fork has failed me once again... On a hill this time we pushed the car back to his place.... i quckly fixed it and left in shame!..... coming home on the freeway same shit happened RIGHT at my exit i got off the exit rolled next to a gas station... a cop pushed my car into the gas station i just left it there to come back later.... just got home from getting the car back. The hook that holds the clutch fork in place looks like its a few mm shorter that it should be looks like a chunk of it just broke off.

So i am in need of a new clutch fork Hook.

Cliffs: Drove the supra all morning, a guy came up to me asking to buy the car i wanted to sell anyway, we went for a ride and the clutch fork fell out of its hook thingy.
Fixed it, tryed to show off the car alil to make up for past FAILURE, the fork jumped out again.
Fixed it again drove it home same shit happened as i got off my exit.
Left it for the day, got home went to fix it again just got home with the car.

My luck eh! :(

·
It's only the beginning..
690 Posts
2k? for all that work?

·
i <3 supra
1,254 Posts
hahahaha, dude, if i was a potential buyer i would not want to see the owner rag on the car and slide threw turns......... im more of a person that looks for a car that someone has not really beat on. but thats just me................

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i know what your saying and ussually i wouldnt do that either.... This dude however wouldnt not stop talking on how he wants a fun car to beat on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts