Supra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car does not sounds normal. It sounds as if it were a subaru stil. I start to get on it and right before I start boosting hard I blew off an intercooler pipe. I could hit the peddle and i wasnt getting any boost. I pulled over and clamped the pipe back to the intercooler. My car now does not sound right and it isnt hitting boost normaly. But it is boosting and i can hear the BOV. Need somemore help.

Car:
Meth injection( 3 years old) ( problems but finally got it fixed today and was testing when pipe first blew off)
Full exhaust (6 years old)
boost controller(6 years old)( vac lines seem to be fine)
Greddy T88 ( 4 years old, never boosted over 15 psi)
Intercooler(5 years old)
Fuel system with 1000 cc injectors(4 years old)
AEM EMS (4 years old)
Ignition amplifier ( 4 years old)
hks ssbov (5 years old)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that would be the best way to show you all but i dont got an iflip or cam corder.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Possibly a dead cylinder. Check your coil packs, with the car running pull the coil wire connectors off one by one. By doing so the engine should sputter worse, if you come across one that is removed and the idle hasn't changes that is your problem cylinder. Could be anything minor like coil/plug to major internal problem. Only pull the clips off for 1 - 2 seconds at a time and replace them, this way you don't wash down the cylinders with gas. Hopefully its minor or that I'm way off and you simply have an exhaust leak. Hard to tell without audio/video.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks, i need to get up to date and start using a camcorder and stuff. thanks you all.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
You don't need a cam corder. The sound you are describing is a miss.

You either have a fouled plug. Or dead ignitier. And since you blew an intercooler pipe off. I'm going to say you fouled a plug. Change them. And you'll find the problem is gone.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You don't need a cam corder. The sound you are describing is a miss.

You either have a fouled plug. Or dead ignitier. And since you blew an intercooler pipe off. I'm going to say you fouled a plug. Change them. And you'll find the problem is gone.
+1 ... anytime you have a sound like that its a dead clyinder... and since you blew an intercooler pipe off, you were still dumping the correct amount of fuel with the incorrect amount of air. easy. As he said, change plugs, problem gone.

·
Registered
300 Posts
probably a fouled plug after you blew an ic piping the maf still reads as if thiers noting wrong but you arent generating boost soo it starts dumping fuel which equals to a fouled plug :D

·
Registered
300 Posts
woops didnt see your post "titangts" ye what he said hehe, sucha smart guy

·
Registered
997 Posts
bumping - - was doing a pull on the highway and i let off... exhaust sounded like a subaru and i was getting instant boost. (stock twins in TTC mode) I was spooling at 2k but not a lot of power. Pulled in my driveway checked for any blown off pipes and there weren't any. turned the car off and now it wont start. getting battery power though. igniter or coils?

Edit: forgot to mention its not cranking at all. like a dead battery.

·
Boost Junkie
12,800 Posts
bumping - - was doing a pull on the highway and i let off... exhaust sounded like a subaru and i was getting instant boost. (stock twins in TTC mode) I was spooling at 2k but not a lot of power. Pulled in my driveway checked for any blown off pipes and there weren't any. turned the car off and now it wont start. getting battery power though. igniter or coils?

Edit: forgot to mention its not cranking at all. like a dead battery.
Change your sparkplugs.

Steve

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ya best bet is to hook a booster pack on it n try running the car leave it on if the car starts then take it off and see if it dies, then it def your alternator and car was running like crap bc of what KRacin said

·
Registered
970 Posts
Sounds like low cranking amps. Double check every IC connection, sometimes they're not clamped all the way tight enough for hi-boosting.
BTW, do you have A/F display? Might just be extremely rich.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts