Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
NA-T member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night my car was broken into. The police reports have been filed and the crime sceen investigator has already come and fingerprinted the car.

Among the items stolen were the TV, DVD, and TV tuner.
They smashed the passenger window, and ripped the dash out to get to the stereo. Instead of taking just the stereo they pulled the entire harness out of the car. What are the ECU's attached aboved the stereo in a 95 SE? I know that one is the auto antenna relay, what are the others?

They also managed to rip the passenger speaker cover, and scratch the door panel.

Oh yeah I dont have theft on my insurance, its a long story but my dad and i had a bet about grades, HS, and College. I won and he dropped everything but minimal insurance. Now im screwed.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
ouch :( what a mess, hopefully you get those bastards

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
man.. that sucks... good luck trying to get something back...

at least they didn't take your cd's :dunno:

Reactions: SupraHKSx

·
Registered
748 Posts
damn, that sucks dude.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
:sad:
I hope they are able to get a print off that dash.Where was the car parked?Do you live in a bad area
If you need a new dash,i can sell you one for 300

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Damn, that fucking sucks man. Any estimate on how much its going to cost to fix. At least you didnt have the entire sytem in yet.

·
NA-T member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Josh97mkiv said:
:sad:
I hope they are able to get a print off that dash.Where was the car parked?Do you live in a bad area
If you need a new dash,i can sell you one for 300
They were able to get 3 prints, 2 palm prints on the door, and one on the back side of the dash. For future reference, you cannot pull a print off of the dash, or any of the vinyl surfaces(something about textured).

The car was parked right out side of my apt. window. Its not a bad area, as there is another MKIV and MKIII right down the road in another complex, and another off the main road, where I live.

The patrol officer I talked to said I was probably staked out. Meaning someone followed me to my apt complex and found out where I lived, and came back later.

I doubt that I will get anything back. I was about $250 away from an NA-T kit. But this is why I am wait to spend money, incase shit like this happens. I will still have the funds for an NA-T, just not in a safe amount incase of another unexpected expense.

The estimate is going to be fairly expensive.
Passenger window
DVD,TV,tuner(ill probably just through another cd deck in there for the time being)
Air bag ECU(thanks twinturbovvti)
Auto Antenna relay
Attempt to fix the harness(oh yeah when they ripped the stereo out about half of the wires came out of the orange clips that attached to the airbag ecu)
The dash will hopefully be able to be put back together.
The speaker grill and door panel im not even going to bother with.
And I need another cell phone(they took that shit too)

Had this been and insurance settlement...then I wouldn't be so pissed off!!!
If this was insurance it would cost about $2000+

The CD's are so scratched that they dont work.

SupraMan1990, If the entire system was installed they wouldnt be able to steal it. They would have still been able to steal what they got. The box is bolted down to the frame, using the seatbelt, rear seat, and gas cover bolts. Besides it should weigh about 350 lbs when done.

Thanks guys ill let you know if there are any updates, It should be within the next 2 weeks.

·
Search
3,305 Posts
its stuff like this that makes me hope if any one does break into my car I catch them... the reason i've go a baseball bat sitting by my door

sorry man :-\

·
i need horsepower
1,365 Posts
that sucks. that is why im soo paranoid. and that is why i have a crappy headunit and mediocore cd changer, with no after market sound components.

hope everything works out for the best.

·
Banned
1,624 Posts
old man celica said:
that sucks. that is why im soo paranoid. and that is why i have a crappy headunit and mediocore cd changer, with no after market sound components.

hope everything works out for the best.
same reason for me.
just more money to devote for performance.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
i dont know if my headunit is considered cool or whatever? :dunno:

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
Very sorry to hear this. I guess I need to get my hatch tinted so nobody can see the system back there. I would hate to have it stolen.

·
Registered
555 Posts
That sucks man, I just installed my dvd player today looks like I better keep a watch out. Let me know if there is anyway I can help.

·
NOSUP4U
2,776 Posts
Kendall, I'm so sorry man. God I hate people that have nothing better to do than this shit. I just saw ur car Sat. too. If u need any help with anything, let me know. Good luck with repairs.

·
NA-T member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Xenon Supra said:
Very sorry to hear this. I guess I need to get my hatch tinted so nobody can see the system back there. I would hate to have it stolen.
My windows were tinted. 10%. But then again, it seemed to be more of a stake out. They deffidently knew what they were looking for. Had it just been a random breakin, they might have found the CC in the center console, or on of the old spare keys(it doesnt work, but the didnt find it).

Now i just have to get an alarm, with a glass break, and motion sensor.
Im thinking a Viper 791XV. An alarm is your only bet really. Some idiot is going to break into everything, you just hope that when he does your alarm goes off and you can get there, before he leaves; to get his plates or put a lead slug in his ass!

Thanks for the offers of support, I just got to wait for the PoPo's

If you want to check ebay or whatever the model numbers are
TV DA-7169
DVD DVA-310X
tuner DA-2301

Cell phone NEXTEL i95cl silver

·
NOSUP4U
2,776 Posts
Kendall, if u need a new phone, my dad said he could get you one for extremely cheap if not free from Verizon since he works there.

·
Stock Body Supras FTW
1,226 Posts
what a mess aleast you still have your car.

·
Registered
951 Posts
dam that sucks dude. i've put a lot of money into mine alarm wise. i've put a few G's into it so before i put any more into it i spent a shit load on alarms. i've got 4 different things. the best one i think is the pager alarm that goes for miles. it's even got a silent mode on it so the alarm doesn't sound, but it pages you so you can sneak up behind him with a louisville :)

not to mention the gps in case it's stolen. my friends civic was stolen in long beach. this thing had everything you could think of on it. they flat beded it

·
Registered
640 Posts
show pic's

1 - 20 of 60 Posts