Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Banned
4,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all my loving fans.

All that is left is to buy a new bumper cover and reinstall it with the foglights.

And yes, I am very aware of the racing stripe on the hood. I really don't mind... I'm just excited about finding a white Supra in the junkyard. But the car will be resprayed soon with a fresh coat of pearl white.

·
Banned
4,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know, I gotta go get some quotes once I'm done. But I got $2300 to play with.

·
Supra Hoarder...
958 Posts
my swapped 89 has a bunch of spray painted parts and it's fine, cause it can smoke many-a-car..:D

and then it starts smoking from the bad turbo..:(

·
Registered
55 Posts
Its good to see your car is almost done good luck in the engine swap :O

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,078 Posts
There's an assumed don't-ask don't-tell policy on this forum with regard to having a ghetto-ass Mk3
Which is pretty frickin' sad!
my swapped 89 has a bunch of spray painted parts and it's fine, cause it can smoke many-a-car..:D
Doesn't matter how fast it is, if it looks like ass, you're still not getting any respect out there! :dunno:
I'm debating it, but I'm tired of having a a car with dull/shitty paint.
+1 for new paint!

·
Banned
4,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The main thing I'm worried about the 1jz swap is locating parts. I still have alot or research to do.

Would it be worth dropping a 2jzge now and then boosting it in the future? Is there a specific 2jzge that is best for a NA-T set-up? Is VVT-i a good thing?

I have the w58 with a upgraded clutch now. So, I think a 2jzge would be more logical than a 1jz. I like the idea of being able to go to Toyota when I need a part. Can't do that with a 1j.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts