Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if im getting over my head with this all my other cars automatics so i know shit about clutchs.is this a day job or should i plan to book some serious time away for this.

·
651 Posts
You'll really need some serious air tools/compressor to knock it out in a day.

Oh yea and be sure to replace the flywheel!!! You don't want to have to do a crappy job twice.

Thomas Kenyon

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clutch replacement is pretty straight forward, and easy. The prolbem is, you need TONS of new parts in order to reinstall it. Make sure you have all NEW c-clips, O-rings and bearings ready before dropping the tranny. Also, make sure you know if you're gonna resurface the flywheel, or replace it. Replacement route is faster, but costs more. Resurfacing depends on how fast your machine shop is. Let them know you're coming, and you'll get it done quicker. Other than that, I've dropped my tranny (jackstands, shop 2ton floor jack, my garage) by myself and reinstalled it within 4 hours. I had all the parts lined up ready to be R&R.

Click here for a good write-up!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i just ordered a muellan aluminal flywheel from dusty. i also got a rps stage 3 sprung clutch.i was kinda assuming that came with all the c clips,orings,bearings,and all the do hickeys.hoping anways.whats your thoughts on this setup?please post if there is anything else i may need to order as its not leaving dustys for about 2 weeks anways.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts