Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any idea what happened? i was driving home. I was trying to shift from N to 1st at a standstill. of course my clutch was in, but my stick wouldnt move! i tried taking my foot off and the clutch just stayed down there. it had lost all pressure. it would not come back up. does anyone have any idea what happened and if so, what should i do?

·
Registered
590 Posts
You may have a bad slave cylinder. You need to check your hydraulic fluid. If there isnt any present refill it. Then youll need to go under your car and bleed the slave cylinder. Get in the car and pump the clutch a few times and it should go back to normal. Make sure to top off your fluid once your done. If it does it again in the next few days, Id bet to say your slave cylinder is shot. Youll need to replace it.

·
VIVA LA M.A.S.H. Midwest
1,451 Posts
I thought my slave was bad, but it turned out to be the clutch master cyl. GOOD LUCK. If you want to save time, but not money, take it to a mechanic with special tools and give him the day. Trust me. ITS A PAIN FOR THE MASTER CYL. The slave cyl is cake.

·
fabricator
84 Posts
Don't just replace the master cylinder(and its pretty easy to do so, if you can fit under your steering wheel) replace the slave at the same time. If you don't replace the slave at the same time, you are going to have to replace the slave very soon. These go out in pairs.. They go out because of contamination in the lines. Flush all of the Dot 3 out of the lines, then replace, then bleed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts