Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wade,

The Cressida does have a 7MGTE in it. THe guy that owned it swapped it in about 2 years ago. This guy has eight cars and just wants to get rid of this one. I'm buying it for $800. The problem is they never got it to run perfectly(wiring). Right now there is a boost leak that can easily be fixed. After that the car will run, but not perfectly. There are some wires that need help. I was asking the MKIII guys because I want to get a good idea of my "future" plans on the stock bottom end. I think I want to get the Cressida running right, do all my mods to the engine while it's in the 4-door auto, and then when I have ALL the parts I need, do the swap. It will be great to feel the same power in 400lbs less and a stick. :eek: :eek:

Anyway, I know I have changed my plans like 8 times, but this is now what I plan on doing(since I am buying the car Fri). Thanks for your help, I'm sure I will be contacting you in the future for more!

Brandon

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Sorry, I just had to add my $.02 over there. As for the engine, the stock pistons are good for 500HP as for the bottom end I'm not sure, probably more. If the stock internals are in good shap you really shouldn't have to replace anything execpt the the head gaskit, a must. A healthy 7mgte @ 500HP in a MKII would be about the same as 650HP in a MKIV, plenty. :) The hardest part of the swap is the wiring, pulling out the dash and knowing what to connect the subharness too. Just make sure the engine is not a n/a T conversion and that it has the Karman Vortex afm.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wade,

THe head gasket was replaced with a HK$ metal one, so that should be no prob. I may have asked you this already, but did you do the wiring yourself in your swap? I know Reg's kit would be a cinch, but it's soooo expensive. If you did, do it yourself, how long did it take you? Do you think it could be done by a few guys(plus me) who are very car saavy and and have done engine swaps before? THanks

Brandon(trying to save money along the way)

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Well Brandon, the wiring for my car was done 75% by Don as part of his kit. He came out to the garage one day and installed most of the subharness. Anyone who has access to the cads on these gonna be very secretive on what gets connected to what and which pins per plug. If I knew how I'd tell ya but each year of MKIII's and MKII's are different so your gonna have some variation. Don has connections to a person who makes his harnesses and I personaly cannot do it my self. And also, taking the dash out and putting it back was a real pain a$$. :mad: You might contact Don when he gets back from Vegas. :) Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts