Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after runing out of room for gauges; i decided to try and make my own. i already have a lotek dual a-pillar mount housing my boost gauge and EGT gauge and i'm using my ashtray cover for my water temp gauge.

i thought the top steering column trim piece would be a perfect spot for a gauge. (i also have a spare trim piece)

this is my first time ever doing anything with fiberglass. i thought it turned out really well. i had a camaro pillar pod lying around; so i cut off a section and glassed it to the coulum piece.

**THIS IS NOT THE FINAL PRODUCT** i only have 2 coats of primer on right now, i'm going to sand with 600grit and appy 2 more coats of primer, sand again and spray a nice medium gloss black paint. it should turn out awesome.

tell me what you think .
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
when are are you making mine? Awesome job, but is it going to interfere with your view of stock gauges (snow here again, and the supra has been down for a while so I have no been in it for a while)?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
KLH2004a said:
when are are you making mine? Awesome job, but is it going to interfere with your view of stock gauges (snow here again, and the supra has been down for a while so I have no been in it for a while)?

it's really not in the way at all. since the pod slops down in the back. i did a test fit before i started glassing everything. all seems to be well..

also; if this one turns out as good as i think it will, i will do one more and sell it. :)

·
Supra Fan
4,115 Posts
KLH2004a said:
, but is it going to interfere with your view of stock gauges

yes, thats why i offset mine to the right. Looks good though Mallynox.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
BAD ASS... Ckanderson seal of approval on that!

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
very nice work!
ideal placement would be unobstructed gauge viewing and covering of that way too bright hi beam light.
should look awesome finished and installed.

dave

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
Looks good Mike.
I have my PLX mounted there, and it does not get in the way of any important information.

Your aplication should hide the too bright blue indicator for high beams, but that's a good thing. LOL

·
Registered
208 Posts
Very nice! That looks awesome man! I've been looking for a good sterring column gauge mount for a while. If you make one more, consider it SOLD. PM me when it's finished and I'll paypal you right then. :)

3,796 Posts
Awesome!! Make one that holds two gauges (mickey mouse style) and Im sure you could sell a bunch. Good work. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts