1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car:
1972 Toyota Corona Mark II
2M with a 4spd manual

I picked it up for $800! The car is in great shape aside from a big ugly dent in the rear. The engine is burning and leaking oil, but insists on running strong otherwise.

So why am I on this forum? Because I am swapping a 7M-GE in! I have been doing a lot of research on the swap and its reasonably straight forward. This weekend I am buying a whole Supra for the swap just to be sure I have everything I need.
Let me know what you think!

Here are a few photos:

8 ball shifter and a Kragen tach! Talk about class

Odd looking car, but so cool

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Not many of these on the road. They are way more popular in Australia. Over there these cars get 7M-GTEs and 2jzs dumped in. I think its because Aussies are nutz! Mucho respect for those car guys.

Here are the wheels I ordered for the car, but I ordered them in gold:

15x8 zero offset! Its going to look pure madness.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Olmytsi said:
Why not a GTE? :)
A few reasons, the formost of which I don't want that much power! This is an old car with old brakes, and going really fast is not very chill.
Also, the cost. Turbo Supras cost more. I am getting a running 89 Supra for $500. Hard to beat that.
So yeah. If I wanted to make this into a sleeper drag car GTE no doubt. But as is, I will be happy with nearly double the HP, double the fuel econmny, and no more cranky carburators. This is only the 2nd carb motor car I have owned, and already I hate carbs! hahah

·
Kancho Battle Garage
850 Posts
Sweet find! what kind of wheels are those? Look similar to Panasports or Watanabes.. Good luck with the project sounds like a cool one!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ahhh a name like TE27Levin would know what I have found! hahah thanks!

The wheels are Sport Max. Just an ebay brand. I don't expect them to be high quality or anything, but I like the way they look. Plus, that its a pretty rare size with out spending big bucks on some new Work wheels or similar. I might have to go with Z style fender flares, we shall see once the wheels and tires are on and I lower the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts