Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

While checking on a scrubbing noise (wheel bearing) I decided to investigat a clicking noise I've been getting whenever I let off the gas and engage the clutch to just coast. Seems that when the wheels have have a second to catch up It's taking up some slack in the diff and the gears making a click sound as they touch.

I checked out my DS, and while my center bearing does need to be replaced, I did verify that my U joints are all fine and the clicking is definitely coming from inside the diff.

I'm running a 3.91 LSD from a turbo on my N/A. I do drive hard on occassion, but it doesn't make a sound. The clutch packs seem fine, no solo peel outs.

Anyone care to hazard a guess as to how long my diff's got left to live?

And YES, I did search this.

· Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the thing, I didn't see any pause in the diff's output. So I suspect that there is play, but only when there's a load on it. If I tuned the DS the rotors turned fine. When I changed direction the rotors did as well, without pause. Same thing when I turned either rotor by hand.

The only thing I can think of is the pinion and gear.... sorry, I don't really know my way around when it comes to the inner working of a diff.

G

·
My friend's 7mgte clicks, going around turns like a fwd car with a broken cv boot, we rip the car for all it's worth every time we take it out and that is the only weird thing that happens.
A testiment to it's durability, still launches like a champ!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.