Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need help!!!! im from panama , and have taken down the driveshaft down twice to adjust the two parts twice and still rattles in the middle specially when dissengaging the clutch in first gear, i have an act heavy duty clutch for my to4r single turbo!! when sent my car to install the new clutch `and when the driveshaft was brought down they separated it from the middle and lost the factory balance !!! need to know if theres is a wasy to center it back the way it was ?

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
If they took the splined parts apart and didn't mark it, you are pretty much gonna have to try every single combination to see when it's back in balance. If it's just the 4 bolt flange, there are only 2 ways it will go (you can see the impression of the squarish flange on the round flange.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dave ,
yes it the splined part was taken apart without leaving any marks!! hwat is teh way to check for inbalance ? do i lift the car so the tires are not touching the ground and accelerate which gear ??? to see if there is any vibration ?

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
I'm sure the CF driveshafts come pre-balanced. You should be able to bring your oem driveshaft in and get it re-balanced. There should be places in your area that build driveshafts, and they will be able to balance it. Look in the yellow pages.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks Dave for the advice ill try to check where i can get it done here where i live if not i think i might have to send it to miami florida to have it balanced back again!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i just asked a friend of mine he told me that here in panama i will not find a place to do that!! do you think that since i didnt put a new flywheel when installing my act heavy duty clutch , does it have to do anything with what is happening to me the vibrating comes only when im lowering gears and dissengaging the clutch , i never feel it when accelerating!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts