Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally took the car to the dyno today.

94 TT 101k miles
stock twins
full 3" exhaust
intake
FMIC
AFC
2-step
BCC

94/110 leaded mix in the tank
18 PSI, falling to 16 at redline
AFC backed out 15%

430/416 - looks like the dyno op messed up the graph.

I have a 5mb video of the 3 pulls. Someone want to host it?

·
Former Moderator
3,783 Posts
That's a really strong car, especially for over 100K miles. It seems slow-spooling though. It's also weird that you have a higher hp than TQ. Usually, the BPU cars are the other way around. Try to make the boost hold till redline and you are very likely to see big gains. You could even boost higher since you had a pretty good mix of fuel in the tank. Do you have a graph of the AF ratio?

-Olivier

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have heard that Colletti's Dyno reads a tad high.

Your peak power run also looks a little weird, as was previously said, it seems like it took a long while to spool.

Also with fuel tuning, my car (very similar mods to yours), had a pretty flat HP line after my boost spike at transition.

If you get a chance, I would try and dyno with Dyno Tune in Columbus.

Also your trq should be higher than your HP.

HTH,

Howard

·
Supporting Vendor
4,400 Posts
is there any reason why those '400+' pulls are all just above 300 on the dyno graph? this isnt meant as a flame or calling bs, just confused on whats going on. also i would think youd trap better than 118 with 430rwhp. and 430rwhp is VERY high for 18psi without spray

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The only explaination I have about the graph with what I put next to the link in my orginal post. I didn't even notice it until a day later when someone else pointed it out to me, so I didn't get a chance to ask the shop "WTF?".

No one can host the video?

·
Defender of the Universe
463 Posts
AznSupraTT said:
I was gonna ask the same question. I looked at the graph and saw all the curves below the 300 HP line.. Im thinking that the numbers at the top got messed up...
theres no way the car only pulled slightly over 300 torque with those hp numbers. torque is a function of hp and you can figure out the torque just from the hp and the rpm, the torque numbers up top are correct.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts