Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
here are some pics i took the other day of my motor . i have some high quality ones of the other cold aitr intake and what not on my other machine. this is how i am running my car right now , let me know what you guys think. the carbon fiber intake pip is made by Konig. i used a plastic alum intake pipe i cut to spec which fit threw the hole thats right next to the coil into the fender with a little squeezing but no cutting or bending needed.like the otehr cold air intake for our cars i used the stock pipe replced the second section with the cf pipe . attched it to the maf mine i have polished by hand and mounted upside down then the maf to the alum pipe that goes in the fender. attach a filter and anjoy real cai. -Xdreamer

below can be down on any non turbo supra with a little work. be careful not to drive in heavy rain on in puddles- water is bad cold air is good sometimes its a trade off-enjoy

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i forgot to add you are going to need to move your coil pack or you can fit it if you flip it upside down. thisd is intake will losee some power down low compared to short intake but it will make anoticeable increase in power in the mid to high rpm range plus you will get more consitent runs do to it will know be follwing cold air instead of engine bay heat.

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
another pic- this is cusom col air intake isnt for evryone put i htink this deisgn i made is the best one so far as for a true cold air intake setup with some work you can make it a ram air cold air setup. this might make you a little slower on the track but noticeably faster on the parkways and or when you are at hgher rpm.

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gotta love that carbonfiber

; ) shiny sh$t doesnt make you go fast but Carbon fiber does sometimes lol

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
this is exactly how it will look close up and fitted it will take a little work and squeexing the pipe will fit it,. its going to get strached up when you put it thre so dont care cause no one will see it anywas it will be in the fender going down into the bumper.

These pics where right after i installed in intake and before i polished and cleaned the engine bay- its gets dirty quick especially with running a vented hood. if any ones this intake setup let me know i will price out a kit for you with evrything cut to fit .

·
Over Medicated
2,718 Posts
Brett,

Looks good man. Who says shiney $hit doen't make you go faster...;) (It's all about the shine on the inside that counts):D

Keep up the cool innovations.

·
Big Member
570 Posts
Nice man. Do you have the filter just on the other side of the fender or so you have more piping routing it below the turn signal? Also did you have to make the hole bigger in the fender?

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the comments guys ;) the filter i have sits right in the right crroner of the bumpmer i have a bomex bumper and the side vent is where the filter is. the tube goes down into the fender down into the bumper and can placed wherever with the right pipe length and connections. the intake pipe will fit that stock hole next to the aribox in the fender by just taking that black stopper out of it and just a little patience i didnt think i would get it to fit without cutting the car up but i did. i will try and get some some clearer p[ics up. Thanks oh dyno and track numbers coming real soon.

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
read the whole post i never said this is for evryone. if you put if up in a spot where its not getting direct airflow threw the bumper it had alike likely chance to pick up enough water to hurt your engine. it. just dont drive in heavy down falls etcc etc etc, i hardly evr drive my supra in the rain unless i have to. it has maybe seen rain only a few times. Alos most cold air intake have this problem .thats the trade off you get for performance. this is why malot of companys who make cai set them up[ so the filter is as close tothe fender as possible so it willnt pick up rain water.

·
Registered
73 Posts
i did a test with a thermocouple that the air temp in the fender are where u have your intake and a filter location right behind the headlight where the stock airbox lays and my intake designs lies is exactly the same. i did this experiment with a thermocoupler and data aquistition program. I did my temp test up to 60mph

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
k you did a test but what did the test tell you ? can you go into detail more

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i have the intake pipe going threw the fender into the bumper which has a colder intake track then in the fender..

·
Registered
73 Posts
i haven't tested into the front bumper but my guess is it has to be cooler based that it is open to the atmosphere casn u give some more pics of where urs is and i will test. I am thinking about nex doing an actual airflow test but i am not sure how i am going to obtain this data yet. In case any of you are wondering where i am getting this equipment. I am a mechanical Engineering major at Lehigh University so i have the equipment available to me to do accurate testing

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i will try and take some pics but i have bomex bumper with no under tray- the filter inself sit right next to the vent on the side of bumper facing down and forward.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts