Supra Forums banner

My Exhaust Has Been Installed :)

3K views 37 replies 9 participants last post by  vreaux728645 
#1 ·
I got the A'PEXi GT Spec, my god what a great sound!! I got mine from Ulitma they were great there, I would definity buy from them again. The exhaust is BIG really BIG, I don't feel any loss of low end power, the car rumbles more inside when you give the car gas, I love it!!

G
#3 ·
I know what you mean. One of few things we could do to our car.(Unless you go for Turbo):)
I have Greddy MX for about a month now. I'm really enjoying it.:D Best investment I made so far. I believe yours is louder then mine.

Danny

G
#11 ·
I have a HKS Hyper exhaust. I love it!! It was on before and after I turbo charged my car. It kinda sounds like a super clean sounding V8! Best sounding exhaust for the Supra. It is also very light weight, because it only has one pipe going to the cat.

G
#13 ·
On these exhaust systems that you guys are talking about, how thick is the piping coming from the cat to the muffler? I was told that the Apexi N1 was 3" all the way and that it would be incredibly loud. I am still thinking about getting it though. But $375 is a much better price.

Thanks

Jeff K
95 5spd NA

G
#20 ·
Look at the tip. If your tip is cone shaped, starts out smaller radius and gets wider at the end. You have SP.
If your tip is straight, like a cylinder. You have MX.
I hope I made sense... By the way, did you get my question from your other thread?

Danny

#21 ·
Re: SP or MX

urmild said:
i'm trying to figure out if i have an MX or SP exhaust......

my friend said that he thinks its an SP.... it doesn't say anywhere on the exhaust... the tip measures 120mm.
i think that the only difference between the two are the tips... not sure though... i also think that the tips for the mx is 130mm and for the sp is prolly the same cause my old Z had 130mm tip on the sp exhaust. only thing is that on the sp it starts out smaller at the muffler and then is 130mm at the back end.

G
#22 ·
i KNOW the answer to this one... i thought i had a MX (previous owner bought it) but turns out it's the SP.

the SP has a two layer tip, the tip is thicker with a rounded edge/lip, and starts out smaller and gets wider towards the edge... the MX has single layer tip and is a perfect cylinder with a sharp lip. the MX looks a lot like the TRD tip. the muffler is the same (oval). the SP is an older model too.

Anyone have pictures of the exhaust on your car? any pictures... Apexi, TRD, HKS, Greddy, anything... i just wanna see which one looks the baddest! performance-wise, i'm sure they all work great, i'm going purely for looks :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.