Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted a classic car to drive around, but with modern features, just to cruise in.
Mods are;
4 wheel powered disk brakes
Power steering
New classic air a/c
Ignition
Hidden stereo with ipod adapter, 6x9's rear, 6" front kick panels
5-speed tremec
etc,etc
She is just a basic 289 4bbl car, not fast but acceptable.
Great fun, and gets great fuel economy on the hwy as well (28 m.p.g.)

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
Congrats man! Looks nice. Upgrade those seatbelts to the Mustang Performance three point kit and an collapsable steering column and you have a great daily.

I'm ready to seperate the body from frame on my 65 Tempest daily. Any pics of the build?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats man! Looks nice. Upgrade those seatbelts to the Mustang Performance three point kit and an collapsable steering column and you have a great daily.

I'm ready to seperate the body from frame on my 65 Tempest daily. Any pics of the build?
Thanks. Unfortunately no pictures, I stopped taking them of builds. I have the three point belts in the trunk, and cannot decide whether to use them or not. I also have a digital dash for it, and am torn on that as well. Best of luck with your tempest, I am still working on my 71 gto as well!

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
Thanks. Unfortunately no pictures, I stopped taking them of builds. I have the three point belts in the trunk, and cannot decide whether to use them or not. I also have a digital dash for it, and am torn on that as well. Best of luck with your tempest, I am still working on my 71 gto as well!
I look at it this way... if I was building a concours car, fine, leave them, but for a daily I have no reason not too. There are elements of your build that aren't as original, so why not belts? Even the most minor accident you are eating that hard ass steel and wood wheel. And more likely to submarine. Its a no brainer to me. The digital dash isn't my preference but its not my car either.

Good luck on the goat!

·
Premium Member
12,615 Posts
Very sharp car! I agree with Wobby. For a daily bomber, I would install upgraded belts. My buddy has even used cheap-ass units from JC Whitney in some of his classic builds. They work fine, and are much better than the old belts.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone. Of course you are right with the belts, i am going to install them.Just one more thing to add to the list of car crap lol.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
RS is a beauty as well. How fast is it? Thanks for the pics:)
Thanks. It was my dd so I never tracked it, but it is 540 hp crank. I have surprised a few c6's on the hwy with her even though she is far from a roll runner.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts