Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would like to start off by saying, I am soo Happy!!! I am so proud of my 12 second timeslip. woohoo! ok guys so heres how it goes...

background info: 19 psi in rear tires, falken 255/40/zr17 street tires, stock intercooler, stock fuel, S-AFC, AVC-R. 440rwhp @ 19 psi. race gas/pump, 100 unleaded, 30%, 93 pump 70%.

The first run: i shifted pretty lazy, hit the rev limited in 2nd and did pretty bad on my start, 2.4 60' i was racing this 9 sec drag car and was very nervous, (i revved to 4000 and slipped, w/ ebrake up and clutch almost catching so i can build boost, i barely had -500mg, basically no boost) i ran 19 psi this pass on my turbo( T60-1, .71 a/r) my times: 13.3 @ 116.. wtf? why so low mph? weird. I did not spin first or second at all! amazingly my avc-r was set to -50% start duty in first and -12% in 2nd. i spiked to 21 psi so not too good. 3rd was set to +4% and 4th was set to 0%

The second run: I got a better start, as I was chillin at the line again, 2.3 60', i started off by(5000 rpm slip, i got to -300mg boost, alot better start, i didn't bog, just left the line nicely), i shifted beautifully, and didn't go past redline in any gear expect 4th. my time shows, 12.7 @ 120, im very happy with this on those tires. i spun first a bit at the top end. first was still set to -50% start duty and 2nd was -10%. i moved 3rd to 0% and 4th to -2%. i ran 18 psi this pass. this worked alot better after i got help from Brian, from www.forperformance.com he was cool as hell, nice to meet you man. BJ, good job running today and successfully getting banned from Etown.(11.2, on stock twins no nos 6-speed, i belive he has the record now), (Ryan i feel real bad for you, bogging launching all day at 6000+ rpm, my god what a sticky track). ok back to the track, i was suprised i gained 4 mph on my trap running less boost. I reset my EFI fuse, (fuel maps) i drove around,(to wawa to get a sub) and learned the new maps. i let it sit, and it was about 12 degrees cooler if so, thats my judges on why i trapped better. the track was sticky as hell! good job for the supras there today im glad we all had a great showing. im looking for drag radials next year.

I have the timeslips going to be posted, videos next week, thanks for reading i know this was long.

-Brett

·
Boost Junkie
12,622 Posts
What's crazy is that I ran 12.9s at 100mph in my fwd turbo car a few months ago. Once you get traction you'll really start stomping the ET's. 27 mph on the top end is just nuts:)

Congrats,

Steve K.

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
second timeslip

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
Not bad, especially for street tires! Get her tuned in a little better (vpc or so), get some stickier tires, and really start laying down the numbers! Good job!

Andrew

N

·
0 Posts
Nice Job Man! Good meeting you the other day, lemeknow on those Maya's FMIC etc..The techs told me that there were over 600 cars racing sunday at E-Town..I drove 8 hrs from Portland Maine and only got 4 passes between 8am and 7pm.. Bogged all 4 times- my hideous 60 of 1.862 resulted in [email protected] Even Launching at 6 grand I Just couldn't get it unglued from the starting line..SO STICKY IT WAS INSANE! After my last run I parked in nuetral on a hill with no ebrake and the car sat glued in place, thats just nutty..Needless to say it was a long drive to wait all day and bog 4 times! Even longer drive home...Anyways it was Good meetin ya, congrats again, talk to ya soon!

·
Registered
265 Posts
NEADRyan said:
After my last run I parked in nuetral on a hill with no ebrake and the car sat glued in place, thats just nutty..

Hehe

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NEADRyan said:
Nice Job Man! Good meeting you the other day, lemeknow on those Maya's FMIC etc..
hey the company said that they won't fit my car, or so the guy says thats ordering the rims, he "called them up" and asked them.

is this so? im going to pm you anyway.

-thanks! i hope you do better next time.

Brett

·
Administrator
17,255 Posts
I'd probably feel just as good about hitting 12's (have never done it...my theory is that I need stock twins to do it). I'm a "non drag racing skillz mofo" myself! :)

Congratulations! :D

Steve T.

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks everyone!

my plan for next year is to get better times on street tires, i want to achieve a time that is possible to run on the street, considering most of us run street tires normally.(not DR's)
Brett

1 - 11 of 11 Posts