Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my very first dyno pull.
My dyno pull
mods are N1, AVCR @ 18lbs, BCC, RMM downpipe. There was no icing or spraying the intercooler. the first pull was the highest because the pulls were done within about 10 seconds of each other.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh, no I'm not ashamed of it. It's actually what I had expected from it. I just posted it for others to see. I did use 5gal of 110 octane leaded gas mixed in with 5 gal of unloeaded 92 octane. Next will be cam gear and intercooler.

·
Administrator
17,223 Posts
Glad to hear it Larry. If those numbers were on straight pump gas, I was going to say you had a MONSTER on your hands. I agree that it sounds just right for your mods and the gas you ran. Congratulations! :)

Steve

Originally posted by larryma:
<STRONG>oh, no I'm not ashamed of it. It's actually what I had expected from it. I just posted it for others to see. I did use 5gal of 110 octane leaded gas mixed in with 5 gal of unloeaded 92 octane. Next will be cam gear and intercooler.</STRONG>

·
Administrator
17,223 Posts
Tozer,

That is precisely what I meant. If you run pump gas on the dyno, chances are that your ECU is retarding timing. To achieve near or better than 400/400 on pump gas without icing the intake, resetting ECU, spraying intercooler, etc. is a pretty special accomplishment. There are several people who have done it (several in AZ I think) but it's far from the norm.

What you've said obviously makes sense, though. If you prep the car, there is no real reason that it couldn't make the power on pump gas. :)

Steve

Originally posted by KING:
<STRONG>Stevie - What does the type of gas have to do with it being a MONSTER or not? The gas only allows the ECU not to retard the timing, because he didn't cool the car down. A cooled car with 92octane will produce the same numbers.....Help me to understand.......Please...

</STRONG>

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I'd love to see a striaght BPU car run anything over 114 traps with pump gas. I'll believe it when I see it. Oh wait, I forgot, that happens ALL the time in Az. Perhapes the air in Arizona has a higher content of oxygen? That somehow only effects Supras? I think Steve has the right idea, hes just afraid to say it :)

Grant
'97TT BPU+ 6-speed TTC
112.85 mph, pump gas, BPU (and a lightweight flywheel)

A

·
0 Posts
KING:

Good to see you're cool, calm and collected with your responses now a days man ... nice stuff.

Peace,
Jared

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
<STRONG>Actually AZ Supras trap lower than most states at BPU on pump gas. Our highest is around 119mph and most are in the 113-118 range on PUMP GAS. Car in TX trap considerably higher (as high as 122) as well as some back east and in the mid-west. The key to running good traps is to cool the car prior to running and re-setting the ECU prior to each run. It doesn't hurt if you know how to drive a 6-speed as well. 114mph isn't bad, it just isn't really good.

KING</STRONG>
Don't think I haven't tried that :) Wow this really is a kinder, genlter, Tozer.

[ April 15, 2001: Message edited by: Grant ]

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
[QB]Actually AZ Supras trap lower than most states at BPU on pump gas. Our highest is around 119mph and most are in the 113-118 range on PUMP GAS. . 114mph isn't bad, it just isn't really good.
Would this be the 100 Octane gas Saad sells from the pump, or the garden variety 92 octane :)?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts